Just two quick cheap power combos I'd like you to look at

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Incriptus
Hero
Comment: Hey, relaaaax. Pretend it's a game. Maybe it'll even be fun
Shoot the tubes, Dogmeat!

Just two quick cheap power combos I'd like you to look at

Unread post by Incriptus »

1. Multiple Selves + Multiple Lives - would each clone have several chances to die.

2. Multiple Selves + Mimic - This one is usually quite obvious, but instead of mimicing the enemy, could they mimic the true self, gaining multiple selves?
Preacher
Hero
Comment: My Thermonuclear level defense of Palladium is neither condoned nor endorsed by Palladium Books.

Re: Just two quick cheap power combos I'd like you to look a

Unread post by Preacher »

Incriptus wrote:1. Multiple Selves + Multiple Lives - would each clone have several chances to die.

Not sure how I would rule on this one. The dupe dies then reanimates and then gets remerged the reproduced. How do you handle that?

2. Multiple Selves + Mimic - This one is usually quite obvious, but instead of mimicing the enemy, could they mimic the true self, gaining multiple selves?

There have been several heated debates on this. Some say it would work and some say it won't. There is legitimate and sound reasoning on both sides but I am staying out of it this round except to say it would be a GM's call ultimately. :lol:
ImageImage Yeah I like guns. Image
I pledge allegiance to this flag, if that bothers you well that's too bad!!!
Yukon
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Yukon »

Incriptus wrote:1. Multiple Selves + Multiple Lives - would each clone have several chances to die.

i wouldnt have a problem with using this as long as i figured out a way that made some sense and wasnt just a cheat to have forever recycleable clones. probably, the player would have to keep track of how many lives each clone has left. or even better, all the clones use a pool of extra lives. perhaps the clones share the creator's extra lives.
Incriptus wrote:2. Multiple Selves + Mimic - This one is usually quite obvious, but instead of mimicing the enemy, could they mimic the true self, gaining multiple selves?

the only way i would allow a possible 'army' scenario like that happen is if those are the only powers the character has, and is just capable of making a ton of perfectly normal clones. i think even attribute restrictions would be placed to keep the character as otherwise 'normal' as can be. another restriction might be to make any deaths of a clone (even clone of a clone of a clone) take off the max number that can be made by the original. as well, as if a first gen clone dies, all his clones die as well.
Tyciol wrote:In fact, many of these powers seem pretty useless except for neat ways of thinking of killing civilians.
Uncle Servo
Champion

Unread post by Uncle Servo »

The Baron vonClogg wrote:Number 2- Someone tries every few months, but our consenus has been no. Wayne B countered every sneaky way we could try to get around his rules on the subject, and it became clear that even if we found one, the spirit of the rules is dominated by "clones can't make clones."

Yeah, I find that little tidbit of information puts the ol' kibosh on any attempts to make a 'book-legal' process of getting extra copies.

Of course, Incriptus wouldn't exactly be the first GM to buck the rulebook and allow clones making clones... :lol:
My Artwork Samples Set on Deviant Art
Hi! I'm Danger, but today I'll be Uncle Servo's Sock Puppet. -- Danger
US <Uncle> saves the day again. -- RockJock
And Servo has engineered another good idea. -- Sentinel
guardsys_prime

Unread post by guardsys_prime »

Being that I've been refered to as "sadistic" I'd let this work, but under these conditions

a ) The character would still suffer the effects of each "death."

b ) The character could then "resummon" the multiple the next time he used.

c ) The player would have to keep track of each multiple individually to see how many lives they have left (in short, the 9 lives wouldn't regen after being absorbed). When the lives were used, the cu would lose that dupe for good.

Incriptus wrote:2. Multiple Selves + Mimic - This one is usually quite obvious, but instead of mimicing the enemy, could they mimic the true self, gaining multiple selves?

The "Army of One" thing. Sure... why not. The draw back you ask?

Refer to "a" above. Basically, if you can make six dupes, each dupe can make six dupes... and you have the potential of suffering 36 seperate dupe-deaths.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

The Clone Wars begin they have.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Uncle Servo
Champion

Runkus Maximus wrote:They can have whatever super powers they want, but an NPC with Shrink, Negate Super Powers, and Supersonic Flight would eventualy show up to wipe the floor with them.

Ah... Negate Super Powers... the ultimate munchkin killer.

MULTI-GUY: "Give it up, Joe Schmoe! My horde of clones has you surrounded!"
JOE SCHMOE: "Wanna bet?" *activates Negate Super Powers, and the clones disappear*
MULTI-GUY: "Oh, @#&$*^!!!!!!!"
Uncle Servo
Champion

Hmmm... I dunno. I would think that once you re-absorb the bodies, their 'essences' would re-absorb with them and cancel the possession(s).

But now Multiple Beings/Selves and Energy Doppleganger... now THERE'S an idea. :demon:

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”