S.H.O.C.K and other Anti-Super Human Organizations

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Iczer
Prince of Powers

Re: S.H.O.C.K and other Anti-Super Human Organizations

Unread post by Iczer »

I have a group called MET in my regular campaign setting. A public corporation, MET's job is to 'look after' the local superbeings. Essentially they develop this trust/rapport with local prominents, while a news team tries to compile local figures on metahuman populations. Their other job is to provide free legal representation to people otherwsie unable to take thier mask off in a court of law. so essentilly they are a big database with some PR and legal expertise.

But the state of New york won't let them open a branch there.

In New york, 'the metahuman' problem has escalated to a primary election platform. As easilly accessible and high profile, metahumans, particularly 'mutants', are the key scapegoats in many crisises. As a result, SCRET, SHOCK and of course a number of other private firms flourish. Player characters spend as much time fighting other villians as they do avoiding the law, avoiding bounty hunters and chasing down government conspiracies (To date, the players have a heck of a lot of circumstacial evidence linking metahuman crime to high ranking government officials)

But, outside from NY, I don't have much need for these metahuman hunting groups. Life's hard enough for a superbeing. Spandex to iron, deathtraps to escape, villians to pummell without killing, camera's to look good for, bullets to dodge..etc...

Batts
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
“Iczer, you are a power generating machine.” - Mr Twist
Uncle Servo
Champion

Unread post by Uncle Servo »

Jaegermeister wrote:Well, once we had a press agent, by the name of Jim McCrady, who got caught in a supervillain assassination attempt of the US president and was paralyzed. He campaigned for the registration of people who had dangerous or subversive superpowers and passed a bill called the McCrady Bill. They believe that only law enforcement officers, state militias and the US Army should have superpowers. I mean do you really need Super Energy Expulsion to hunt deer? :lol:

Even a person with Intangibility causes undue expense and fear to the business community. These people need to be tagged so if any fishy "How he do dat?" burglary happened, the authorities know which door to knock on.

Hell, think of the damage Mind Control could do in a frat house with soriety girls.

These people must be stopped!

After they are registered, a Lo Jack GPS system is placed in them. So, like, if the Intangible citizen is anywhere around a building that got bulgarized fishily (no sign of break-in, etc) his movement record is on file.

Now they don't really give a rat's a$$ about Hibernation & Statis Field, Iron Will, Impervious to Disease and so forth. But if the power can maim or kill, facilitate a break-in (APS Shadow, APS Mist, etc), mind control other people, read other's thoughts, etc. - they do care.

Hmmm... funny how McCrady rhymes with Brady... I'm sure that's pure coincidence. :lol:

Only problem with the whole 'Mutant Registration Act' thing is that it's blatantly unconstitutional. You're essentially profiling on the sole basis of racial (in this case, GENETIC) background.

I wonder if anyone has actually taken some of the great Civil Rights arguments and replaced "black" and "white" with "mutant" and "human." I may have to do that myself.
My Artwork Samples Set on Deviant Art
Hi! I'm Danger, but today I'll be Uncle Servo's Sock Puppet. -- Danger
US <Uncle> saves the day again. -- RockJock
And Servo has engineered another good idea. -- Sentinel
Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

I have developed Government agencies to deal with the rising superhuman population, even to the point of establishing liaison officials to coodinate Federal Resources with available friendly supers.
I have never really had much luck in establishing a "supers propaganda", ala the mutant predjudice found rampantly in Marvel comics, as I think my players just weren't interested and I didn't want to force a campaign element they hated.
Over the last decade of play, I have done the RCEX: the Federal Resource Control EXecutive , which took over from it's predecessor the Department of Special Affairs. They were responsible for Federal agents (non-powered) who investigated paranormal and metahuman crimes, and they worked closely with my Metahuman Research Center which was a joint operation between Canada and the US and employed both PCs and NPCs who had the appropriate skills to study, catalog, and develop defenses and counter measures to super criminals.
The player group currently has lobbied for, and justly received, UN sanctioning and this greatly assists them in doing their jobs.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

I'm in the process of designing an antisuper group based on the designs from the Rifts NGR book. At the moment it is a small European country not unlike Marvel's Latvia, but with a different purpose. They make use of high technology in the form of advanced weapons, robotics and cybernetics in their military force to work as hired security and/or bounty hunters for other countries. Perhaps even branching into a super prison system.

Their technology is pretty much straight out of the NGR book. Hunter/Jaeger as quick response units, Prowlers for air support, Flankers for general purpose duty, Super Trooper for urban or upclose fights, Terrain Hopper for light duty ect. Most bots are fairly light, nothing heavier then say a Hunter deployed overseas. Maybe the heavier robots and tank designs could be used in homeland defense. Strike and/or security teams would be composed of the above robots along with cyborgs, combat pods and platforms and heavily armed infantry with battle armor. The BA is environmental and some even have light exoskeletons built in. Normally they have a MDC of 100, but I am thinking of making that 100 SDC, but making it Robotic with a AR of 10 or so? Various enegry weapons would be common place and Rail Guns would have some sort of bonus vs AR. Basic cybernetics would be fairly common among the infantry and PA pilots as well
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”