Expansions for Heroes Unlimited

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Asra

Expansions for Heroes Unlimited

Unread post by Asra »

Hi Guys/Gals,

At the back of ATB there is an advertisment for expansions for Heroes Unlimited and it mentions:

Hardware Unlimited sourcebook by Bill Coffin and Brent Lein - 2002

Does this expansion exist?

Cheers,

Asra
Maryann
Adventurer

Re: Expansions for Heroes Unlimited

Unread post by Maryann »

Asra wrote:Hi Guys/Gals,

At the back of ATB there is an advertisment for expansions for Heroes Unlimited and it mentions:

Hardware Unlimited sourcebook by Bill Coffin and Brent Lein - 2002

Does this expansion exist?

Cheers,

Asra

No, the manuscript was rejected when it was turned in.
Snoopy and Charlie Brown are (c) Peanuts Worldwide.
"Besser ein Ende mit Schrecken als ein Schrecken ohne Ende." ( A frightening end is better than an endless fright) -- Nelly
You called down the thunder, well now you got it!
Oh what A tangled web we weave ...

Maryann
Adventurer

Unread post by Maryann »

Jaegermeister wrote:
HRH Maryann wrote:No, the manuscript was rejected when it was turned in.

So, what happen to this manuscript? Is it in .pdf form somewhere? Just because the Big K didn't like it, doesn't mean I won't.

I doubt if its in pdf anywhere, but I have no idea.
"Besser ein Ende mit Schrecken als ein Schrecken ohne Ende." ( A frightening end is better than an endless fright) -- Nelly

Cranus
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Cranus »

Is it possible for you to elaborate on why it was rejected? For example, it didn't match the flair needed or there were achievements possible that really shouldn't be.

Just in case someone would like to pick up where Bill left off, either as its own book or as part of the Rifter.
Maryann
Adventurer

Unread post by Maryann »

Cranus wrote:Is it possible for you to elaborate on why it was rejected? For example, it didn't match the flair needed or there were achievements possible that really shouldn't be.

Just in case someone would like to pick up where Bill left off, either as its own book or as part of the Rifter.

Its not my place since I don't work for the company any longer. Sorry

Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

SkyStreak wrote:This may seem strange to say, but I'm glad it was rejected......

Not that I wasn't looking forward to it.....I was looking forward to it. However, every book for HU that has been released has been a worthy addition to the line (with the possible exception of AU Revised...totally unneccessary purchase if you owned 1st ed, IMO).

From my POV, if it wasn't good enough for Kevin, then it probably wouldn't have been good enough for me.

That being said, I would still like to see a Hardware Unlimited book......

Wayne Breaux Jr. has expressed a desire to do Hardware Unlimited, but he has several other HU projects in the works ahead of it. As with most Palladium books, we'll just have to be patient.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Cardiac
Adventurer

Unread post by Cardiac »

SkyStreak wrote:From my POV, if it wasn't good enough for Kevin, then it probably wouldn't have been good enough for me.

Um...I'm not quite sure I agree with that. Kevin himself admitted that he almost didn't include magic-based characters in HU because he personally does not/did not like magic in comics.

I would like to find out what the failed manuscript was like though - just to see for myself if it was good and not rely on another's opinion.
"In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own" - Thomas Jefferson

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same god who has endowed us with senses, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo
Cranus
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Cranus »

I would like to find out what the failed manuscript was like though - just to see for myself if it was good and not rely on another's opinion.

Alas, it all depends on the nature of the work. If it was work for hire and they received payment, its Palladium's choice. If they didn't receive payment, I doubt both authors would then take the time to make it a free, "fan-written" PDF download. So assume the ball is in Palladium's court.

If you really want to see it, you could try emailing them...
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Jaegermeister wrote:Well Bill Coffin did go in with that Trustrum fellow to do a superhero game. Maybe he's going to convert it to their system & release it. If PAL didn't pay him for it, I guess.
Where did you see/ hear this? Enquiring minds wish to know.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Darkwind wrote:
The Deific NMI wrote:
Jaegermeister wrote:Well Bill Coffin did go in with that Trustrum fellow to do a superhero game. Maybe he's going to convert it to their system & release it. If PAL didn't pay him for it, I guess.
Where did you see/ hear this? Enquiring minds wish to know.

About Coffin working with Misfits? That is pretty common knowledge, especially if you visit the Misfits' website. He's been listed there for awhile now.
whats the addie?
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

That would be http://www.misfit-studios.com/

There seems to be a misconception here that this was a book by Bill Coffin that got axed unfairly, but this is not the case. According to Kevin Siembieda himself, the original freelancer's manuscript simply didn't cut the mustard, and was to be turned over to Bill Coffin for editing and rewriting, which unfortunately didn't happen.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Zenvis
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator

Open Source Role-Play material.

Unread post by Zenvis »

I know that theres the Rifter, but theres also manuscripts by Bill Coffin and others that wrote the Hardware Unlimited that go kicked out. What would keep us from writing it here on the web?
I know that theres, well, those who would want money. Those who would want fame and copy cats that would use it in another roleplaying game, but hey what else would stop us?
Everything you can imagine is real. - Pablo Picasso
Imagination is more important than knowledge." but knowledge does help. - Albert Einstein
The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge. - Albert Einstein
My Blog and My Other Blog

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”