Board index » SDC Worlds » Heroes Unlimited™

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 5:18 am

D-Bee

Hit a new lvl with my mutant the other day, and with my continuous mutation got to roll fer a new minor power, and low and behold I get Mental Stun , so I'm thinkin cool, can finaly get rid of the bean bag rounds for the 12 guage, and not hafta worry about re charging e clip's for the stun gun, but then I read the power closely and find out that it cost's 3 Hand to Hand attack's just for the chance to DIZZY the opponent for 2 rounds.......What up wid dat??? 3 attack's for a loss of an attack and a few minuses that would be less then what you would get if someone thru sand in your eye's ( and that's only if the adversary fail's his save)

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 6:51 am

Champion

Comment: Hey, relaaaax. Pretend it's a game. Maybe it'll even be fun
Shoot the tubes, Dogmeat!
Yeah, I know the feeling . . . I was trying to find non-lethal non-damaging powers I could use Mental stun seemed like a great idea . . . but nope, it's one of thoes powers that I don't think is very useful (of course I would be more than willing to have that in real life) but actually I suspect that the power is best used for non-combat times . . . expecially if you decide that the person who the power is being used on isn't aware that he's being psionically attacked.

a - 40% to something like detect ambush, or some other skill might be useful . . .oh well

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 1:36 pm

Priest

Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis
I really like the power, but in the games I run I've dropped it down to only 1 attack per melee.

Daniel Stoker

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:02 pm

Adventurer

Well, it's non-psionic so it's more of how a cobra can look at it's enemy and hypnotizes it. This takes time.

The courageous enter dark caves alone, the clever send in the courageous first, the cleverest wait behind the clever.
-- THE BOOK OF CATACLYSM

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:43 pm

Adventurer

One thing I'd like to see more of in HU is non-lethal powers. Currently we have Resin, Swing Line, Power Bands, Sleep Dust, Mental Stun and Bubbles but I'd like to see an electrical stunning attack, a tear gas attack, etc.

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:59 pm

Adventurer

Kittenstomp wrote:
One thing I'd like to see more of in HU is non-lethal powers. Currently we have Resin, Swing Line, Power Bands, Sleep Dust, Mental Stun and Bubbles but I'd like to see an electrical stunning attack, a tear gas attack, etc.

The Chemical Secretion major has the tear gas.

The Venomous has Paralytic Poison.

The courageous enter dark caves alone, the clever send in the courageous first, the cleverest wait behind the clever.
-- THE BOOK OF CATACLYSM

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 4:02 pm

Adventurer

Jaegermeister wrote:
Kittenstomp wrote:

The Chemical Secretion major has the tear gas.

The Venomous has Paralytic Poison.

I'm aware of Chemical Secretion, probably one of my new favorite powers. But I was thinking more on the lines of minor superpowers. Venomous attack is a good option but its range is limited to touch. I want something more in line with The Wasp's "sting energy attack".