Help with Century Station / Nightlands information.

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Help with Century Station / Nightlands information.

Unread post by Warshield73 »

In February I will be running Heroes Unlimited / Nightbane game at Owlcon. This is a game I have run a lot over the years but this will be the first time in about 3 years that I have run it and I am having trouble finding something that I could swear I had read about.

I remember reading somewhere a Nightlands version of Century Station. I thought it was in the Rifter but I can't find it. Has anyone seen it here on the forums or know what I'm talking about?
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Re: Help with Century Station / Nightlands information.

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Nope not a Rifter but it's in Heroes Unlimited G.M. Guide. Any game with Nightbane and Heroes can
get lethal if you let it. Supernatural P.S. + Weapon Damage + P.S. Damage. Hounds weapons are
Armor Piercing, affecting even anyone Invulnerable or APS-Forms. Good luck.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Reagren Wright wrote:Nope not a Rifter but it's in Heroes Unlimited G.M. Guide.

If you mean the adventure "Not a Star in the Sky" that's not what I was looking for. I could swear that I read a detailed break down, including a city name, for the Nightlands version of Century Station.

Reagren Wright wrote:Any game with Nightbane and Heroes can get lethal if you let it. Supernatural P.S. + Weapon Damage + P.S. Damage. Hounds weapons are Armor Piercing, affecting even anyone Invulnerable or APS-Forms. Good luck.

I have been running games like this for 20 years, in fact half of the HU convention games I have run are HU/Nightbane combos and I have never run a pure Nightbane game in my life. To me Nightbane has always been a sourcebook for HU and Rifts.

The reason for this is what you state above. In Nightbane you must play a Nightbane or get your heart ripped out. If you combine it with HU you can play other characters that have a chance against Nightlords minions.

Thanks for the help, guess I will keep looking.
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

Warshield73 wrote:In Nightbane you must play a Nightbane or get your heart ripped out.

You don't think a Guardian or a Wampyre can cut it?
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador

Axelmania wrote:
Warshield73 wrote:In Nightbane you must play a Nightbane or get your heart ripped out.

You don't think a Guardian or a Wampyre can cut it?

Wampyre, no. They are no match for Hounds and the only player I ever had run one replaced her with a Physical Training character after two adventures. They are an interesting character and they would be really cool in BTS but they can't hang with the Nightbane.

Gaurdians...they can cut anything but I've never had a player interested in running one, even at the old convention game I ran it was usually the last or second to last to be chosen.

The human characters, like spies and special forces, are the ones I was talking about. Two of my friends played a Nightbane game with all human PCs, no Nightbane or Wampyr or Guardians, and they said all they could do was run and hide when Hounds and Hunters came around.

One of my other friends is trying to run a Heroes vs Nightlords game without any Nightbane because they are his least favorite part of the game.
Soldier of Od
Hero

Unread post by Soldier of Od »

Warshield73 wrote:In February I will be running Heroes Unlimited / Nightbane game at Owlcon. This is a game I have run a lot over the years but this will be the first time in about 3 years that I have run it and I am having trouble finding something that I could swear I had read about.

I remember reading somewhere a Nightlands version of Century Station. I thought it was in the Rifter but I can't find it. Has anyone seen it here on the forums or know what I'm talking about?

Glistam posted a Nightlands version of Century Station on the Nightbane message boards a few years ago: "Grim Gulf". That might be what you're remembering! Make a search for it and take a look!
Rifter Contributor:
Rifter 61 – Purebred animal templates for Mutants in Avalon (After the Bomb)
Rifter 77 & 78 – Khemennu, City of the Eighteen Cosmic Gods (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – The Prophet O.C.C. (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – Half-Ogres (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 84 – Spellbound O.C.C. (Nightbane)
Rifter 85 – Relics of Empire: Elven Cities of the Old Kingdom (Palladium Fantasy)
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador

Soldier of Od wrote:
Warshield73 wrote:In February I will be running Heroes Unlimited / Nightbane game at Owlcon. This is a game I have run a lot over the years but this will be the first time in about 3 years that I have run it and I am having trouble finding something that I could swear I had read about.

Glistam posted a Nightlands version of Century Station on the Nightbane message boards a few years ago: "Grim Gulf". That might be what you're remembering! Make a search for it and take a look!

Thank you Soldier, that is exactly it, Grim Gulf . I thought I had searched the Nightbane forums but I must have screwed it up somehow.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

Thanks for the shout-out! I always meant to eventually flesh that out a bit more and submit it as a Rifter article, but I kept putting it off and now with the upcoming hiatus I know I won't get around to it. Good luck in your upcoming game, I hope that stuff is helpful!

EDIT: This topic on the Ley Lines of Century Station may be of value to you as well. Since I posted that info, I've run with the Zericho Wax Museum being a Ley-Line Nexus as two nearly-parallel lines cross there, the Century Park nexus having a few more lines, and a couple other random lines around the city. I can show my map privately if interested, but my players haven't discovered them all yet so I can't publicly disclose that info.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador

No problem, It's good stuff but unfortunately I won't be using it much. This is a four hour convention game so I doubt they will ever go to Grim Gulf, I wanted the information to add some flavor to the mystery.

The scenario is simple Dark day has started, but only around Century Station. It is however growing. I am setting the scenario on December 21 of 2018, the Winter Solstice which will be at exactly 4:23pm. This is when the darkness will cover the Earth and the invasion will begin.

They are going to find books and documents that discuss a city, now Grim Gulf, which over the last part of the scenario they will realize is a version of Century Station. I mainly wanted to mine your info for some names and descriptions that I could drop into the documents.

As for submitting this to the Rifter, there are two issues left I think you should give it a shot, if they don't use it some people on the boards have been talking about creating an online fanzine for people to submit stuff. This would be a great addition.
Tick
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Tick »

Great info!
Love the feed back from this group of Heroes!

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”