I need some infomation about submitting game material

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Kargan3033
Hero

I need some infomation about submitting game material

Unread post by Kargan3033 »

I have been kicking around an idea for a new HU source book and if I can get the motivation to work on it, how would I submit the book in question, I don't have a scanner or a printer so when and if I get it done how would I submit it to PB?
" Ale and Whores, it's not just your reward, it's your Motivation. "
Kargan3033
Hero

Re: I need some infomation about submitting game material

Thanks for the link and it'll be some time before I have anything ready to send to PB
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

I love the part about not suing them if they infringe on your copyright if the material gets published and you receive neither credit nor payment. It makes me wonder how they actually get submissions.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Kargan3033
Hero

Stone Gargoyle wrote:I love the part about not suing them if they infringe on your copyright if the material gets published and you receive neither credit nor payment. It makes me wonder how they actually get submissions.

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner but I would like to know what you mean by your statement?
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Kargan3033 wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:I love the part about not suing them if they infringe on your copyright if the material gets published and you receive neither credit nor payment. It makes me wonder how they actually get submissions.

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner but I would like to know what you mean by your statement?
It's meant to be a hold harmless clause, but it basically says that you agree not to sue them if your work sees print and you receive neither credit nor payment.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Kargan3033
Hero

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Kargan3033 wrote:

It's meant to be a hold harmless clause, but it basically says that you agree not to sue them if your work sees print and you receive neither credit nor payment.

Ah ok then, I guess I'll just release my project here as a fan made setting.
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Jack Burton »

Kargan3033 wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Kargan3033 wrote:

I've never heard of Palladium not giving credit where credit is due. If they were in the habit of stiffing people and not acknowledging their authors, word would immediately get out and submissions would come to a screeching halt.

I'm not quite sure that a submitted work pays very well, but then again is anyone who submits something really doing it strictly for the money? I've heard Kevin say many times that it doesn't pay well. He's upfront about that and everyone is OK with that from what I gather.
Kargan3033
Hero

Jack Burton wrote:
Kargan3033 wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Kargan3033 wrote:

I've never heard of Palladium not giving credit where credit is due. If they were in the habit of stiffing people and not acknowledging their authors, word would immediately get out and submissions would come to a screeching halt.

I'm not quite sure that a submitted work pays very well, but then again is anyone who submits something really doing it strictly for the money? I've heard Kevin say many times that it doesn't pay well. He's upfront about that and everyone is OK with that from what I gather.

I'm not planning my project for a s*ht ton of money but I would like some kind of recognition and maybe a small bit of compensation for my time and effort.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Jack Burton wrote:
Kargan3033 wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Kargan3033 wrote:

The one incident that comes to mind is the Powers Unlimited book that had a bunch of powers that were similar to ones posted in the New Powers thread here on the forums. The author claimed parallel development and to not have seen the powers previously posted. While not an actual for pay submission, it did lead to mistrust of Palladium.
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Jack Burton »

I don't know about that, but I think there's a distinction between posting something in the forum and not getting credited and turning in an official submission and not getting credited. I'm not sure I'd place blame on Palladium for not crediting the forum author, if in fact the idea was pilfered, which we will never know. True, a freelance writer represents Palladium, but I wouldn't let that example sway me from turning in material. If anything, it would encourage me to submit it as opposed to informally post it.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”