Super Vehicles & Spy Cars

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ZeroArmour
Dungeon Crawler

Super Vehicles & Spy Cars

Unread post by ZeroArmour »

Maybe I'm going buggy, but I can't seem to remember (or find so far) any examples of super vehicles that look like they were built with the HU vehicles rules. The only "super vehicle" I've found is in Gramercy Island, & it's a robot vehicle not a hardware vehicle. Does no one use those rules?

Anyway, I'm trying to write up the "Knight Mouse-mobile" as a kind of baseline for what a super car should be like (pretty simple, sports car, some armor, loads of gadgets) but I'm finding myself a little confused because I've never done it before. Are all the S.D.C.s separate or do I add them all up? Shouldn't heavy armor reduce speed? Was any of this covered in a Rifter? Maybe I'm making this more complicated than it needs to be?
"That's the second biggest dragon I've ever seen"
Tick
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Super Vehicles & Spy Cars

Unread post by Tick »

Your normal - we all have off days.

You want to look under Robots and androids. That is where you get the core information on super Robot Vehicles. Then you can also look at the Hardware super hero for more information and design ideas for your hot new ride!
acreRake
Hero
Comment: Greatest Rune Gardenweasel

Re: Super Vehicles & Spy Cars

Unread post by acreRake »

I can't think of any examples off the top of my head either...
Super Vehicles are pretty complicated and robots are way sexier, so authors tend to go for 'bots.
I only JUST NOW noticed the giant {OPTIONAL} next to Building a Super Vehicle... I guess that means you can use them... huh?

Anyway:

All the Armor Types are separate.
Vehicle armor protects the vehicle against attack and crash damage.
Passenger armor has to be penetrated by assailants trying to attack passengers directly.
Turret armor only covers the turret; fuel armor protects the tank from direct attack/tank explosion damage to characters.

The note on HU2 pg 136 (Max. Load) says that ground vehicles cannot exceed Cruise Speed when overloaded. Unlike aircraft, there is nothing saying that armor is included in load, so i've always assumed that armor weight counts toward Max. Load.
[meaning i agree with you heavy armor slows vehicles down]

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”