I am reading the Perola Height wrong in AU Galaxy Guide?

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Silvananthus
D-Bee

I am reading the Perola Height wrong in AU Galaxy Guide?

Unread post by Silvananthus »

The Height of the Perola appear to be from 5-11 feet tall! I have no problem with that, but the Rifts notes state that Perola can pass easily for Humans. I specifically asked that my players have humans or D-Bees that can pass for Humans. An 11 foot tall human would be out of place in any campaign that revolved around earth. I guess a really short Perola could pass for human easily but it seems to me that 1d6 feet is quite a variation in a humanoid species. I have not found any correction anywhere from 1d6 feet to 1d6 inches, and 1d6 inches seems too small a variation for a humanoid race. So I am left to wonder if this wide variation is what the author intended. Any comments or direction to errata for that book would be helpful.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: I am reading the Perola Height wrong in AU Galaxy Guide?

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Not quite accurate is par for the course when talking about the standard PB writing. What the Rifts text probably meant that short Perolas can past as humans. I see two possible scenarios about this come to mind: the first being that there were two writers and the 2nd writing the Rifts notes having just skimmed the race's stats so was inaccurate, and the 2nd possibility was that it was the next day when the rifts notes and the the height stat slipped the writer's mind. Of course that assumes that the printed text was unintentional mistake.

You are the first one to bring this up far as I know.
Last time I asked they had not even sold out of the 1st printing of the AU:GG book so I doubt there would be any corrections made.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Well obviously you're just going to have the NBA hire them. :P
Razorwing
Hero

Unread post by Razorwing »

Yes... an 11 ft human-like alien would be a little out of place... but that is at the extreme end of the scale. Most are going to be in the 7 to 8 ft range that is at the higher end of normal human height, but some humans have still managed to be taller (the gigantism disorder for example). The tallest recorded human (based on measurements of bone fragments) was just over 11 ft in height (very rare for this condition... but it does prove it to be possible).

That said... PB is notorious for missing such obvious contradictions in their editing process (which makes one wonder what so many people still take anything in their books as gospel when even PB gets things wrong).
There are three types of people in the world; those who can count and those who can't.
Silvananthus
D-Bee

Unread post by Silvananthus »

Thanks for the replies guys. I thought I might be missing something. In most of my other palladium books it talks about average height. 6 feet is too much variation for a races's average height in my opinion. I will house rule some stuff up. Funny comments BTW. Those comments make me think of Men In Black where all the famous people in the world really turn out to be aliens hiding here on earth. Maybe the NBA is chuck full of Perolas and other tall near human alien races.
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

Over 8 ft and under 2ft, so a 6ft difference. Just an FYI.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/13/living/ta ... index.html
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

Over 8 ft and under 2ft, so a 6ft difference. Just an FYI. Not average, but possible.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/13/living/ta ... index.html
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”