Super Librarian and Research stud...

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

tsh77769
Dungeon Crawler

Super Librarian and Research stud...

Unread post by tsh77769 »

Major 1: Multiple Beings/Selves

Major 2:Techno Form (so he can be any machinery he needs, lathe, table saw, band saw, etc.)

Major 3: Dimension Room (portable and accessible lab or workshop)

Minor 1: Bookworm

Minor 2: Multi Tasking

Minor 3: Speed Tasking

Other thoughts, ideas, suggestions?

tsh77769
Fermat
Explorer

Re: Super Librarian and Research stud...

Unread post by Fermat »

Not bad, but having technform and dimensional room, seems like doubling up on providing assets. Maybe Shrink Objects, Linguistics, or Ext. IQ?
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

if this is for a NPC it would be fine. The normal limits on numbers of superpowers are broken if all the above powers were taken.

Techno Form???? why?? so the char can read microfilm?
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Regularguy
Adventurer

Unread post by Regularguy »

tsh77769 wrote:Major 1: Multiple Beings/Selves

Major 2:Techno Form (so he can be any machinery he needs, lathe, table saw, band saw, etc.)

tsh77769

Heh. For a quick gag version: Mechano-Link, so he can research anything that's internet-accessible "regardless of preventative programs, codes, or defenses." And add in Gateways, so that (a) he can always grab another internet-capable device -- or a lathe, or a saw, or a book -- from home, if he suddenly needs one; and (b) instead of having an extradimensional workshop/lab with him, he can just pop back to the workshop/lab at his HQ. And instead of doing stuff rapidly, toss in Pause Temporal Flow so that he can showily pull off various tasks in -- well, in literally no time.

Not quite the effect you're going for, but I think it'd be fun and playable.
Prodigy
Explorer

Unread post by Prodigy »

Fermat wrote:Not bad, but having technform and dimensional room, seems like doubling up on providing assets. Maybe Shrink Objects, Linguistics, or Ext. IQ?

I like the Idea of Linguistics and Ex IQ! This is a great character concept. PU@ has the Eugenics option of any character adding at 2 functions, I would include Brain: Mental Acuity as it give Speed Reading and Total Recall.
sine yo pity on da runny kind
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

If this is a public librarian and not a private services librarian, I'd advise an ME of at LEAST 20.
Otherwise the superbeing will be losing their will to live after questions like 'if I make a color copy on the xerox machine of a black and white picture, what will happen?", 'I'd like you to fix this problem for me RIGHT NOW, but I'm not going to tell/show you what the problem is because I don't want you looking at my private information", or "I really need to get this book; I don't know the title or the author, or what it's really about, but it's got a blue cover".
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Cr'Imson
Wanderer
Comment: Cry as you might, if the Ruby Slippers fit, wear them.

Unread post by Cr'Imson »

tsh77769 wrote:Other thoughts, ideas, suggestions?

See Natural Genius (PU2).

Cr'Imson
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

tsh77769 wrote:Major 1: Multiple Beings/Selves

tsh77769

I agree with Crimson, it should be Natural Genius from PU2.
And here's what I think:

The Archivist
Victor Somms wasn't born into privilege. Practically abandoned on the very day he was born, with no information of his origin, other than his birth-mother was a frequently relapsing drug-addict, this 'Baby Doe' was bounced from foster family to foster family until formally adopted by the Somms, a childless couple of academicians who noted the child's capacity to learn & retain information at such a young age. Already speaking fluent Latin by age 3, Victor (so named after his adoptive father's great uncle) spent long hours at every library he could get access to. By age 10, his already off-the-charts IQ astounded his ill-equipped teachers. By age 12, Victor was on the fast-track to his first PhD.
Tragedy soon struck, however, when a home-invasion left his adopted parents dead while he was scouting another college that offered better learning facilities. Even with all the information on the criminals responsible available to the police, their murders remain 'unsolved'.
Victor chose to put his prodigious intellect and learning capabilities in service of justice, gathering & storing every piece of data on everything and everyone that he can apply his abilities to. No database, online video, strand of code nor dusty tome in some near-forgotten archive is beyond his reach.

(My concept of the above is one part Spencer Reed & one part Penelope Garcia from the show Criminal Minds, with a light sprinkling of Abby Schuto & 'Ducky' Mallard from NCIS)
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

You can always go with the Super Sleuth as a librarian, but the Natural Genius, or the super powered option seems more fun to me.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”