Perception In Heroes Unlimited

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Calmear76
D-Bee
Comment: feel free to ask me questions, I make no guarantees as to the accuracy or your liking of the answer...LOL

Perception In Heroes Unlimited

Unread post by Calmear76 »

I wanted to get peoples opinions on how using the Perception rules from Nightbane would affect superpowers.
Should any of the powers from Heroes gain a bonus to Perception rolls. I am thinking yes (especially in regards to Heightened Senses), but I'm unsure on how much of a bonus.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Re: Perception In Heroes Unlimited

Unread post by The Beast »

I'd leave it a simple +1 or 2. You could also look up those with similar powers in the RUE (if you have it) and just copy those bonuses.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Re: Perception In Heroes Unlimited

Unread post by eliakon »

I have gone with a basic +1 or +2 for most powers with a +4 for thematically appropriate rolls (super hearing vs a hearing perception roll)
I also don't make the supers roll as often. Thus if you have super hearing I often simply assume you hear things. If you have to roll perception then it is for something truly hard to hear.

It doesn't take much of a bonus to make it super easy to pass most perception rolls, so you probably don't want to give out too many bonuses. While you can apply penalties to the rolls, that makes it really harsh on the people that don't play people with super senses and can really make people with no access to super powers feel penalized.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”