Kisentite-Blades and AR pen.

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Kisentite-Blades and AR pen.

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

I know that when using K-bullets the are considered to be armor piercing with a +3 to penetrate armor.

Q #1: is there any text (anywhere) that gives K-blades a bonus to penetrate an armor's AR?

Q #2: how would you rule on this? Would you give a K-blade a bonus to penetrating AR & NAR? If you'd do that...How would you determine what bonus you'd give them?
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Re: Kisentite-Blades and AR pen.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

Not that I recall. I think they just do more damage. I would not give a blade the same bonus as a bullet in any case. At most I would give a blade a +2.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Re: Kisentite-Blades and AR pen.

Unread post by eliakon »

I wouldn't give the blades any armor penetration bonus.
The logic is that... well... armor penetrating bullets get an AP bonus. Its sort of in their nature and all.
If Kisentite was supposed to have, as a base property, that it always ignored some of a targets armor then it would say so as a property of the metal itself. The fact that you can make AP bullets out of it is just that... you can make AP bullets out of it.
Just like even if you use plastic explosives in the bomb a grenade doesn't get +3 to penetrate armor even though explosive bullets (which use plastic explosives) do.
Or if I make a sword out of Teflon it doesn't get +2 Penetration

Or to be more specific by the rules PV, is just a property of bullets/ballistics and thus only applies to them.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”