How do you repair Bionics and Vehicles?

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Prons
D-Bee

How do you repair Bionics and Vehicles?

Unread post by Prons »

Hey all, somewhat new to Heroes Unlimited and running a game for some friends of mine. I can't seem to find the rules on how to repair bionics or vehicles, can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Re: How do you repair Bionics and Vehicles?

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

You would need both the robotics skill and any relevant mechanical or electrical skills which pertain to the bionics involved, as well as a medical doctor skill if the bionics being worked on are attached at the time. Vehicles could simply be repaired using the automechanics skill. If super vehicles, then penalties would apply.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:You would need both the robotics skill and any relevant mechanical or electrical skills which pertain to the bionics involved, as well as a medical doctor skill if the bionics being worked on are attached at the time. Vehicles could simply be repaired using the automechanics skill. If super vehicles, then penalties would apply.

It really depends on the bionics if you'd need medical skill while it's attached, Steve Austin and occasionally others have repaired his bionic arm or legs when they've been damaged while still very much attached to him. No medical skill required.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

A bionic leg that was shot is pretty much a mechanical fix.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
Razorwing
Hero

Unread post by Razorwing »

I wonder if the OP might be asking about the cost of such repairs... like how much it might cost to repair the SDC of a bionic limb or a vehicle that has been damaged.

Sort of like in Rifts where instead of paying a small fortune to buy a new set of armor, you instead get your still relatively useful armor repaired. This is especially important for the rarer armors like Gitterboys that are hard to replace.

Yes, having the skills to fix such things is important... but one also needs the spare parts to conduct such repairs... and that will take money to acquire.
There are three types of people in the world; those who can count and those who can't.
Prons
D-Bee

Unread post by Prons »

Hey guys, thanks for the great responses so far! I was kind of curious if there's a way to figure out how much SDC is actually repaired, and if there's a cost to it. Say for example, a bionic bodypart lost 10 SDC and someone makes the skill rolls. Is it assumed they go back to full or is it more of an up to the GM thing?
Fermat
Explorer

Unread post by Fermat »

I don't have my books available, but I believe those rules are in the Galaxy Unlimited GM guide.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”