Mutants become Nightbane??

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ESREVER333
Wanderer

Mutants become Nightbane??

Unread post by ESREVER333 »

Let's say an orphan mutant name Brick from Heroes Unlimited Universe and falls into a dimensional Rift and appears into Nightbane Universe. He experiences the Becoming and turns into a Nightbane. Would he have both mutant powers and Nightbane powers in his Morpheus form?? Because most Nightbane requirements is being an orphan who doesn't know their parents. And if the scenario was reversed. Can a Nightbane traveling to Heroes Unlimited Universe gain any mutant powers from any different exposures??
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Mutants become Nightbane??

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Nope. Whatever had cause the char to be a mutant would of cause the char to have their becoming. If he had been a nightbane. A Becoming only reveals what they were all along.

Nightbane are immune to physical transformation. So no gained superpowers.

The best you can do to have powers in the facade and morphus (excluding magic) is to have Chi powers from training in a MAF from N&S or MC. Still When I had this situation, the GM ruled that the char could only use the chi powers while in the facade.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

My personal ruling is that I would have the character be a Mutant OR a Nightbane - I would not let a Mutated Human become a Nightbane. So in the scenario described a Mutant who appeared on Nightbane Earth would never become a Nightbane.

Conversely, a Nightbane on Heroes Unlimited Earth would be unable to be mutated or gain super powers because Nightbane cannot be transformed, and that would count as a transformation.

Check out Between the Shadows for some more information about crossing the Nightbane and Heroes Unlimited games. You could also look at the Rifts Conversion 3: Dark Conversions for some guidelines on possibility of non-Human Nightbane, but unless the Mutant in question is part of a breeding race of Mutants that are basically their own species (something like the Inhumans from Marvel for a quick example) then I wouldn't apply those guidelines towards this situation.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
ESREVER333
Wanderer

Unread post by ESREVER333 »

Can someone explain Wypires? I think that's a mixed of Vampire/Nightbane. Were they Nightbane turned into Vampire? Nightbane born mixed? Nightbane with Morpheus with Abilities that give him Vampire like abilities but not a True Vampire in a sense?
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Wypires are vampires that have not been, somehow, taken over by the Vampire Intel., but have some of the vampire powers. That is the core of what Wypires are.

That the person was a un-became NB was a theory that was suggested in the class text. There are no stated Facts about how they come about.

Critical Reading.

------
Being attacked by a vamp, I would rule, would be enough stress for a un-became NB to have their 1st becoming.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

The Nightbane Dark Designs raw preview offers an answer to this in the Q&A. Basically, it's "maybe."
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

I have allowed NB as a class in HU, but not the other way around. A Stage Magician, or Hunter/Vigilante could be fun in a higher end NB game.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

RockJock wrote:I have allowed NB as a class in HU, but not the other way around. A Stage Magician, or Hunter/Vigilante could be fun in a higher end NB game.

How can they be a class when NB are a SN genetic legacy "race"? (using the species sub-set def. of race here.)

Then again there are no classes in HU.

Are you saying that you allowed then in as a sub-set of the Mutant Power Cat. since NB's get their powers because of their unique genetic code?
---------------------
Glistam wrote:The Nightbane Dark Designs raw preview offers an answer to this in the Q&A. Basically, it's "maybe."

So just like the class's main text. Just as I stated, nothing definite. But they are giving GM's free rein to use that idea within their own games.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

One could make a superpower that is basically APS: Morphus and they turn into a nightbane form with morphus stats and rules. No talents though they could have other superpowers.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

If you wanted to play a NB in my HU game it wouldn't be an issue. NB exist, but in small numbers in our world. I guess you could consider it a pre Dark Day setting.

Individual NB, and factions are around, but not a major part of my HU game. Same goes for things like True Atlanteans, Lemurians, and other lost human off shoots.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”