Cyberjjacking and superpowers

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

VR Dragon
Dungeon Crawler

Cyberjjacking and superpowers

Unread post by VR Dragon »

So I am working up something for my friends and I am including cyberhacking.

I was reading over the section on cyberjacking and while it talks about mechano link, APS electricity and resist energy it left out some things. And we the powers unlimited books there is even more fun.

So I have some questions I hope you others wkuld offer some insight on.
If the power of energy resistance offers a 20 points per round ugfer from damage, how does the power of energy absornion work? Would it make the character flat out immune to the effect?

How about the power of electricty generation? Can it be used tfrom inside the cyber realm to keep a computer system on even if someone unplugged it?

Any other ideas on new powers from the power unlimited books and how they might work for cyberjacking?

And a side note... attacks in cyberspace are electric damage... APS Electricity is immune to electric damage... so how does that work in cyberspace?
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Re: Cyberjjacking and superpowers

Unread post by The Beast »

Rifter 2 has a section on this very subject.

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
Last edited by The Beast on Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

And if I remember right, the Rifter 2 stuff is canon/official.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Razorwing
Hero

Unread post by Razorwing »

The problem is that Rifter #2 was published back in April of '98... and only covers the powers and abilities known at that time.

This means that many of the new powers found in Powers Unlimited 1 & 3 are not taken into consideration... nor are abilities from other game lines published after this.

Thus I do believe it is time to review and update this article to include new developments in the various games.
There are three types of people in the world; those who can count and those who can't.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

The cyberjacking rule for HU is found in the AU:Galaxy Guid book.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Razorwing wrote:The problem is that Rifter #2 was published back in April of '98... and only covers the powers and abilities known at that time.

This means that many of the new powers found in Powers Unlimited 1 & 3 are not taken into consideration... nor are abilities from other game lines published after this.

Thus I do believe it is time to review and update this article to include new developments in the various games.

Until that happes (if it does) the best we can do is to start with from the R2/AU stuff and extrapolate.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

Something useful. Lets see, I would allow APS:Energy to be defined as electricity if a player wanted a different version than APS:Electricity. Give them identical bennies in cyberspace.(their energy would be ways treated as electricity though.)
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”