Random Thoughts.

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Rathorc Lemenger
Hero
Comment: I am the explorer Extreme. Searcher of all things mysterious and interesting. FEAR ME.

Random Thoughts.

Unread post by Rathorc Lemenger »

I was just thinking: What would happen if the Black Obelisk (from Chaos Earth: Resurrection) were to appear on HU2 Earth?

(Side note: This is more along the lines of a "thought puzzle".)

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger,
President of Lemenger Biologics Unlimited.
I've created a monster.-Taalismn.
Believe in the unbelieveable, and you shall become known to the unknown-Rathorc Lemenger
It is well documented that for every minute you excercise, you add a minute to your life. This enables you, at 85 years of age, to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing home at $5,000 per month-An anonymous family member of Rathorc Lemenger.
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Re: Random Thoughts.

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

What's a Black Obelisk?
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero
Comment: I am the explorer Extreme. Searcher of all things mysterious and interesting. FEAR ME.

Unread post by Rathorc Lemenger »

It's from Chaos Earth: Resurrection.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger,
I've created a monster.-Taalismn.
Believe in the unbelieveable, and you shall become known to the unknown-Rathorc Lemenger
It is well documented that for every minute you excercise, you add a minute to your life. This enables you, at 85 years of age, to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing home at $5,000 per month-An anonymous family member of Rathorc Lemenger.
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

Rathorc Lemenger wrote:It's from Chaos Earth: Resurrection.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger,

Surpsingly enough, I got that from the post where you said it was from Chaos Earth:Resurrection.............
;)
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

It wouldn't be nearly the threat it is in Chaos Earth. The supply of dead bodies it can animate is much smaller to start with in Heroes Unlimited. Not to mention that the heroes aren't distracted by dealing with the end of the world so they would be "on to it" that much quicker. I think it could set up nicely for an epic battle.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

Glistam wrote:It wouldn't be nearly the threat it is in Chaos Earth. The supply of dead bodies it can animate is much smaller to start with in Heroes Unlimited. Not to mention that the heroes aren't distracted by dealing with the end of the world so they would be "on to it" that much quicker. I think it could set up nicely for an epic battle.

true enough. though if the right confluence of events occurred (an outbreak of some super-villian made plague for example, or it appearing in an out of the way place) it could be a bigger threat. depending on what the GM wants to do story wise.

honestly, what might be interesting is if it appears in the "absurdly spacious sewers" of a city (it's a hero setting, of course the sewers are big enough to adventure through. :) ), and ends up being the origin of a faction of ferals/zombies for your heroes to fight. perhaps there is even a cult that grew up around the obelisk, living people who work to supply it with bodies and scrap.

sorta a cross between the Vahzilok and The Lost from city of heroes, in a way.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
pblackcrow
Champion

Unread post by pblackcrow »

Interesting...Why not in an abandoned subway station? That's where William and I put my necromancer in a BtS/TMNT/N&SS/MC/HU(light on the superpowers)/Gargoyles game. She was a city mortician, who had an influx of homeless people dying during a bad winter. Of course the heroes kept ignoring news reports there of, until a new player who wanted to play a homeless character as his flaws starting out to explain why he has inside information into the underground world of NYC...Or I should say, the magical world of old New Amsterdam? He had put a lot of work into his background, so William decided to use it. That weekend was a colossally fun set of games! It was the first time we used miniatures for that much of a game.
Ankh, udja, seneb.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”