Tentacles+SNPS+Body Weapons: I'm rolling how many dice?

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Malakai
Dungeon Crawler

Tentacles+SNPS+Body Weapons: I'm rolling how many dice?

Unread post by Malakai »

Given: a 10th level villian with the Powers of Tentacles, Body Weapons, and a Supernatural PS of 42 (this is not all she has, just what is relevant for this)

Alrighty, let's take a look at the powers individually

Tentacles:
1 pair per level
1 extra attack per pair
Can be combined so that multiple tentacles strike simultaneously; roll to strike per pair, damage is cumulative with the number of successful strikes
PS of tentacles is half that of the character's

Body Weapons
Can be used on one's own extremities, without a limiting number of such extremities.
Can form blades that do up to 3D6+PS and damage bonuses per strike

Supernatural PS of 42, halved for tentacles = 21 = 3D6+6 on a normal punch

So, given all of the above, what kind of damages are we looking at here, and how often can they be dished out?

It would seem that getting to 6D6+6 per tentacle would have a strong base of support: 3D6 (Blade) + 3D6 (SNPS Punch damage) + 6 (PS Damage Bonus)

Now, say the character has 6 attacks normally - popping out all her tentacles, she has a whopping 16

let's say she rakes at a hero with half her bladed tentacles

it seems that this would cost 1 action, require 5 rolls to strike (1 per pair), and for each successful roll, dish out 12D6+12, for a possible 6D6x10+60

Afterwords, assuming this was her first and only attack used this round, she could do that 15 more times. Also of note is that this is only half her tentacles - this can be easily doubled if she chose to do so

Am I doing this right?
"Rifts Earth is alot more scary when you realize that its effectively people with the education level of retarded children running around with military grade ordinance." - Taylor White

Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood.

H. L. Mencken
US editor (1880 - 1956)
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Re: Tentacles+SNPS+Body Weapons: I'm rolling how many dice?

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

For the most part that is correct, though the damage might be lower per pair as I think SNPS is only supposed to stack with hand held weapons, which the Body Weapon ability may not qualify as (GM's call, a case could be made either way).

You might also want to consider looking for ways to reduce the dice rolled by simplifying the rolls. So instead of 12d6+12 it becomes 1d6x10+12 OR 2d4x10 or 1d8x10, yes you lose damage output this way but it is an approach Palladium is known to do at times. You could also simplify the dice rolled in other ways (each 2d6 = 1d12, though not sure how common D12s are for your group). Of course you could just write a quick dice roller program to handle the huge number of dice to roll.

What is really scary about that is ways to apply the PS. Per the write up, each tentacle has an individual PS so you could lift many times more than you think they could (Tentacle PS x # of Tentacles for lift/carry purposes, though it won't be as good as a straight PS at that value).
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Re: Tentacles+SNPS+Body Weapons: I'm rolling how many dice?

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

It is a GM call as to whether you can change tentacles to body weapons and still have bonuses from the tentacles. I personally would allow it.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”