Calibur-X to heroes unlimited

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Artist Formerly
Champion
Comment: Time Magazine's person of the year, 2006.

Calibur-X to heroes unlimited

Unread post by The Artist Formerly »

So the magic character in my game kind of died on Saturday and the player is looking to replace with a super soldier built around psionics. She was wondering about adapting Calibur-X from rifts England to replace the super weapon. I kind of liked the idea, and was wondering if any one had any ideas other then cut and paste (and swap in SDC instead of MDC, obvioiusly)? An up coming move might break up the group and I want to end on a high note.
When I look in the dictionary and see the word Cool...I see Taffy's picture...-Shady Slug
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. -Abraham Lincoln
Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Re: Calibur-X to heroes unlimited

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

Have the sword be a one-of-a-kind item... like Captain America's shield. And have it be the key weapon used by an aging superhero named Caliber-x.

The old wielder dies, and passes the torch (or, sword,in this case) to the new character... who now takes on the mantle of Caliber-X.
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

I would replace the components with HU/AU equivalents and call it something else. Otherwise leave it unchanged if that weapon is what the player really wants.

Vibro blades and a variety of energy weapons are in the back of HU:AUr for reference stats.

I do like Braden's idea of the char inheriting the weapon. It lets you use all the text in the books about that.
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Wed May 25, 2016 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
The Artist Formerly
Champion

Braden Campbell wrote:Have the sword be a one-of-a-kind item... like Captain America's shield. And have it be the key weapon used by an aging superhero named Caliber-x.

The old wielder dies, and passes the torch (or, sword,in this case) to the new character... who now takes on the mantle of Caliber-X.

That's a great idea!
When I look in the dictionary and see the word Cool...I see Taffy's picture...-Shady Slug
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. -Abraham Lincoln
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

Well are you looking for a weapon for a super soldier or are you looking for a weapon to empower the character because if that's the case you might wanna look at the Magic Object option for it.

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
The Artist Formerly
Champion

Daniel Stoker wrote:Well are you looking for a weapon for a super soldier or are you looking for a weapon to empower the character because if that's the case you might wanna look at the Magic Object option for it.

Daniel Stoker

Weapon for a super soldier. The player was looking for something along the lines of the Cosmic Knights. But the role of supernatural detector/seeker that her last PC had been playing was still needed. So we worked out the super soldier concept with the latent psychic template. Adds attempt to make the character invulnerable and physical transformation. She sacrificed another pick from that table, along with her level 2 psionic pick, and her portable force field belt armor thing. Replace the super weapon with calibur-X and add the Anti-Gravity belt from the super vehicle result. Then add Space Native, and start the character at fourth level to match the other PCs.

I was feeling kind of generous because the character's death was more to do with a bad calls by other players, two bad dice rolls and being the character who bravely sacrificed herself to save the group and a small town in Mexico. Atleast untill I bring the character as a spiteful necromorph with a grudge.

She was also kicking around a symbiote based on one of my previous characters but she didn't roll any dice for that, so I don't know what's what yet on that.
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

I like it. I've used a copy of the sword for a TA world hopping character in Phase World. Instead of being a product of English Golden Age knowhow I made the sword an old Atlantean technology.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
The Artist Formerly
Champion

RockJock wrote:I like it. I've used a copy of the sword for a TA world hopping character in Phase World. Instead of being a product of English Golden Age knowhow I made the sword an old Atlantean technology.

Yeah, I was kind of kicking an idea along those same lines. :ok:
RockJock
Knight

It works really well for a Latent Psychic, or say a transplanted Psyscape Major Psychic. Great style, decent punch, but something different.
RockJock
Knight

Have you looked at the Rifter article about British Psi-Tech from the Golden Age? Might be a good source.
The Artist Formerly
Champion

So that worked spectacularly! The new character is a high mobility fighter with a good range of sensitive powers.
RockJock
Knight

Sounds like a fun game and character. Different versus overly powerful tends to be fun.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

There are stats for lesser Gun-Swords listed in the CE Britain article in R27.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”