Century Station: questions RE: The Labyrinth

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Century Station: questions RE: The Labyrinth

Unread post by Glistam »

Quick question to other Heroes Unlimited gamers: The area of Century Station known as The Labyrinth, how do you picture it? What sorts of challenges would you place before players looking to try and reach some location/goal deep inside? Has anyone ever played in or ran a game that saw characters go into the Labyrinth?
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
VR Dragon
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Century Station: questions RE: The Labyrinth

Unread post by VR Dragon »

Well considering it was meant to be a massive power production facility and the fact it needed water for heavy hydrogen and also for any coolant/cooling as well I would imagine it would look like a huge series of basements after the above house had been blown away and many many lots of industrial pipes and such you would find at a oil production facility just underground. So many sewer like tunnels and subway like tunnels crisscrossing a network of large interconnecting service maintenance tunnels, stairways, platforms, water treatment and holding tanks.

Then don't forget massive storage areas, power, water, sewage, and other service pipes and throw in that is all dark, run down, trash filled, and homeless living everywhere.

And then you also have the abandoned above ground warehouses, power relay stations and structors, large forested areas that have overgrown that were added for aesthetics, office buildings, shipping and receiving areas. All kinds of fun.

Remember Robocop? (The original) where he is hiding out in that abandoned industrial area? Now just make that a underground area.
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Sounds about right to me. I can also see giant labs like in 1986 Manhattan Project. Even that
goofy Sfy-channel movie "Atomic Twister" has good idea for what it would look like.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

so like a cross between the Underground of Robocop3, the corridors and ductwork of the colony and atmoshere plant in Aliens (perhaps minus the hive), and the Sewers of City of Heroes.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

glitterboy2098 wrote:so like a cross between the Underground of Robocop3, the corridors and ductwork of the colony and atmoshere plant in Aliens (perhaps minus the hive), and the Sewers of City of Heroes.

The sewers of City of Heroes was one of my original thoughts as well!
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Looonatic
Adventurer

Unread post by Looonatic »

I miss City of Heroes. :(
--The more powerful you are, the less tacos you get.--
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

Me too.... very very much so.

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

Unread post by dragon_blaze_99 »

The mind is the gateway to the future
Ethics are so annoying. I avoid them on principle
The Artist Formerly
Champion
Comment: Time Magazine's person of the year, 2006.

Unread post by The Artist Formerly »

For our games, it was four separate zones. Each with it's own boss and sub-bosses who directed gangs of thugs.

1) The sub levels and sewers area which had a sub-way station connected to it as well. This made for three distinct locations to set up games, with separate zones and environmental hazards. Aquatic monsters/mutants in the sewers, human scrub gangs with some limited cybernetic augs and a few superhumans gangs ran through out the zones.

2) Low levels, normal humans through out this zone, would feel like a city state from any dystopian game we've played before. Any most goods/products generated by the Labyrinth come from these levels (I never really defined what that was, but drugs and guns would be high on the list and I think I had some sort of illegal banking efforts as well). Mix superhumans as needed.

3) Mid levels. The power base of the Minotaur. These levels represent the best parts of the Labyrinth where the wealthiest and most powerful stay. The gladiator arena and all the trappings of opulence and power sit here. Fill in your most powerful and interesting super humans here. Don't forget to sprinkle in luminaries from CS here, wealthy people slumming it for a taste of life on the wild side.

4) The aviary. This area is the zone of the flight capable. Different gangs run the areas, based on flight abilities. I went nuts with this zone, so much so I had to develop a bunch of air to air personal combat rules to cover high action events.
When I look in the dictionary and see the word Cool...I see Taffy's picture...-Shady Slug
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. -Abraham Lincoln

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”