Control Elemental Force: Earth 1. Wall of Earth tactics

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Axelmania
Knight

Control Elemental Force: Earth 1. Wall of Earth tactics

Unread post by Axelmania »

Can anyone think of situations where you'd rather make a clay/sand or dirt wall instead of stone? Seems like since it takes the same amount of time to create that Stone is always best due to highest AR/SDC. Does anyone ever house-rule something like 1 action per tier? Like 1 action for dirt wall, another to improve the wall to clay, another to make it into stone (3 total) ? That's the best idea I can think of for incentive to use the lesser forms...

Rare situations might be if some beings had the ability to pass through stone but not through dirt and you wanted to stop them, or if you had allies you wanted to allow to go through your dirt wall.

Weight seems like one situation (stone would be heaviest right?) like if you want to lift the wall out of the ground and carry it somewhere else... but no weights are assigned.

Since beating the AR lets you damage stuff behind it and walls are permanent, the idea of layering them occurs to me but I'm not sure how to handle the mechanics of it.

Projectiles seem the simplest. Beat the AR then it's 1/2 dmg to the 1st wall and 1/2 dmg to the 2nd.

But then... can you also beat the AR of the 2nd wall? In which case it'd be 1/2 to 1st 1/4 to 2nd 1/4 to person behind 2nd?

The -5 to hit is something to take into account though. If I have a pair of dirt walls, is the 2nd dirt wall effectively AR 15 because of this penalty? Would hitting someone behind 2 walls basically be -10 to hit since you're double-blind?
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Re: Control Elemental Force: Earth 1. Wall of Earth tactics

Unread post by Glistam »

If you're on a beach you would only have sand available.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

It says you only need a source of earth nearby to use it, guess I figured that meant transforming it into whatever form you desired. It would make more sense if it were locked in the original form though.

Having a transmuter who could change sand to stone would be useful in that case. Can't remember if any super abilities are capable of emulating warlocks like this.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

I would agree that it depends on what materials are nearby. You cannot change the form of the materials available.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”