Which book goes into the alternate Mega Hero rules?

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

talmor
Wanderer

Which book goes into the alternate Mega Hero rules?

Unread post by talmor »

I have the 2nd Edition Core, and the Powers Unlimited books, but I can seem to figure out where the expansion of the Mega-Hero is listed. In which book do they go into details for the alternate takes on the Mega-Hero?
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Re: Which book goes into the alternate Mega Hero rules?

Unread post by eliakon »

Officially here are alternate versions in Powers Unlimited 2 and Armageddon Unlimited.
Unofficially a couple of the Rifters have some (I would have to look up the number sorry)
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
wyrmraker
Hero

Unread post by wyrmraker »

Rifter #37 has the most well known alternate rules for Mega Heroes. It's not considered 'Official Material', but most people consider it to be acceptable.
talmor
Wanderer

Unread post by talmor »

Hopefully they'll update the GM's Guide with these rules at some point. I don't own any Rifters...
Razorwing
Hero

Unread post by Razorwing »

Actually, I believe the update to the Mega-Hero rules... along with the Base Construction rules presented in Rifter 37 will be seen in the (hopefully) upcoming Hardware Unlimited Book.
There are three types of people in the world; those who can count and those who can't.
Greg Diaczyk
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Official "Wayne Smith Clone"

Unread post by Greg Diaczyk »

Razorwing is correct! for the Win :D

Hardware Unlimited™
A sourcebook for Heroes Unlimited™
The much anticipated accessories book for any crime fighter, vigilante and super hero. A comprehensive catalogue of the standard fair of super hero gear from grappling hooks, super sleuthing gear, to body armor, weapons and accessories only a super hero would need. Not to be outdone by the gear they produce the heroes behind their concepts rise to feature their talents to the super hero community, battling with their evil competitor Fabricator Inc. by outfitting heroes with the latest gear, accessories, costumes and hero paraphernalia.

• New Hardware Power Categories: Hacker, Driver, Mad Scientist, Chemical Genius, Robotics Genius and Robotic Swarm Master.
• An as un yet named Hardware Organization that builds custom costumes, gear, technologically gear that upgrades super powers, vehicles and Hero Headquarters (a good guy version of Fabricator Inc.)
• A huge catalogue of useful low tech and high tech gear for every type of super hero, from the normal human vigilante to the power packed mutant. All accessories to be “timeline appropriate” and easily adjusted whether you want to run a game in 1980 or 2080.
• New Bionics and Robotic Systems
• Custom Vehicle Creation Rules for Land, Sea and Air Vehicles.
• Advice on how to run equipment based games and hero dependency on gadgets (instead of powers)
Expanded Mega-Heroes (An updated version of my Rifter # 37 article)
• Secret Base Creation Rules (An updated version of my Rifter #37 article)
• New Skill programs to reflect "non-Hardware" characters trying to be Hardware Characters such as a Mutant with Telemechanics or Mechano-Link.

I'll be at Anime North in Toronto, Canada with Kevin on the May 28th weekend with the pre-approved manuscript in had for those who are curious...
Greg Diaczyk,
"Wayne Smith Clone"
Palladium Freelance Writer and Editor

Razorwing
Hero

Greg Diaczyk wrote:Razorwing is correct! for the Win :D

Hardware Unlimited™
The much anticipated accessories book for any crime fighter, vigilante and super hero. A comprehensive catalogue of the standard fair of super hero gear from grappling hooks, super sleuthing gear, to body armor, weapons and accessories only a super hero would need. Not to be outdone by the gear they produce the heroes behind their concepts rise to feature their talents to the super hero community, battling with their evil competitor Fabricator Inc. by outfitting heroes with the latest gear, accessories, costumes and hero paraphernalia.

• New Hardware Power Categories: Hacker, Driver, Mad Scientist, Chemical Genius, Robotics Genius and Robotic Swarm Master.
• An as un yet named Hardware Organization that builds custom costumes, gear, technologically gear that upgrades super powers, vehicles and Hero Headquarters (a good guy version of Fabricator Inc.)
• A huge catalogue of useful low tech and high tech gear for every type of super hero, from the normal human vigilante to the power packed mutant. All accessories to be “timeline appropriate” and easily adjusted whether you want to run a game in 1980 or 2080.
• Advice on how to run equipment based games and hero dependency on gadgets (instead of powers)
• New Skill programs to reflect "non-Hardware" characters trying to be Hardware Characters such as a Mutant with Telemechanics or Mechano-Link.

I'll be at Anime North in Toronto, Canada with Kevin on the May 28th weekend with the pre-approved manuscript in had for those who are curious...

What did I win? :D :P
There are three types of people in the world; those who can count and those who can't.
The Baron of chaos
Champion

Unread post by The Baron of chaos »

Greg Diaczyk wrote:Razorwing is correct! for the Win :D

Hardware Unlimited™

YESSSSSSSSSSSS :D
"The baron is made of raw win. Search your feelings, you know it to be true."
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

No Hardware:Medical/Biotech?
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

wyrmraker wrote:Rifter #37 has the most well known alternate rules for Mega Heroes. It's not considered 'Official Material', but most people consider it to be acceptable.

That is right….they are not considered part of the Canon…but are officially Optional.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Razorwing
Hero

But it is going to be appearing in an official book (updated and probably expanded in Hardware Unlimited)... so doesn't that make it official or do we actually have to wait for the book for Optional to become Official?

Then again, Rule Zero makes everything optional (even official material).
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Razorwing wrote:But it is going to be appearing in an official book (updated and probably expanded in Hardware Unlimited)... so doesn't that make it official or do we actually have to wait for the book for Optional to become Official?

Then again, Rule Zero makes everything optional (even official material).

Until the book is actually printed its still optional as everything in the manuscript is still (even at this point) subject to revision up until it is actually printed.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Razorwing
Hero

Well... considering the entire Mega-Hero category is "optional", and these are merely optional rules for an optional power category... I will take your opinion under "official" advisement. ;) :P :D
eliakon
Palladin

Unread post by eliakon »

Razorwing wrote:Well... considering the entire Mega-Hero category is "optional", and these are merely optional rules for an optional power category... I will take your opinion under "official" advisement. ;) :P :D

To be honest. I use them myself. I really like them and they help fill some really huge gaps in the sorts of games I like to run with out having to bring in NPCs that just have 'here is what they can do because shut up' character sheets (as much. Sometimes you just need something for a plot that can't really be built legally. At which point the GM waves their magic Fiat Wand and *poof* there it is, with a Power Category of "other")

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”