Immortal Demon Lord Magic Abilities?

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Baron mugwort
Dungeon Crawler

Immortal Demon Lord Magic Abilities?

Unread post by Baron mugwort »

Okay so Samuel Titan is ready and rolled and I must say he is looking quite fly! A real gentleman of the megaverse.

For his super ability set he got magic and spells.

Excellent, he picked his spells and was very happy.

But there is no info with regards to whether or not he can sense ley lines, spell strength, sense magic, learning new spells etc.

What do you guys do? Do you treat the characters like a Mystic? Or are the spells just natural abilities and spells strength never increases? If the abilities are natural does this mean the character has no real understanding of magic?

Are there any NPC's that fit this mould so I can use them as an example?

If these questions have already been asked I apologise. If they have already been answered, I apologise and will be very pleased :D
"Baron Mugwort, I think you are the official representative of the intrests of Giants in Rifts. Its a great job (full benefits!)." Argos.

http://www.kingsofrpg.com For all things RPG!
Contribute to the website with your own RPG advice, stories and adventures! barnonmugwort@ding-irl.com
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: Immortal Demon Lord Magic Abilities?

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Baron mugwort wrote:Okay so Samuel Titan is ready and rolled and I must say he is looking quite fly! A real gentleman of the megaverse.

For his super ability set he got magic and spells.

Excellent, he picked his spells and was very happy.

But there is no info with regards to whether or not he can sense ley lines, spell strength, sense magic, learning new spells etc.

What do you guys do? Do you treat the characters like a Mystic? Or are the spells just natural abilities and spells strength never increases? If the abilities are natural does this mean the character has no real understanding of magic?

Are there any NPC's that fit this mould so I can use them as an example?

If these questions have already been asked I apologise. If they have already been answered, I apologise and will be very pleased :D

They have been asked, sadly the answer is still "GM's call". Wizard supreme sounds like a true caster and not a mystic, so I would say they learn spells and progress like a generic Wizard or Sorcerrer class from another game, but that's just my call. the truth is the immortals section is just very poorly edited so there is no canon answer to your question
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Baron mugwort
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Baron mugwort »

Balls!

I demand an answer lol. Oh well, I will just have to parley for Mystic! I agree that Wizard supreme seems more like the real caster.
"Baron Mugwort, I think you are the official representative of the intrests of Giants in Rifts. Its a great job (full benefits!)." Argos.

http://www.kingsofrpg.com For all things RPG!
Contribute to the website with your own RPG advice, stories and adventures! barnonmugwort@ding-irl.com
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Yes

Basically it is what ever works for the GM and player based on the needs of the individual game and story.
As Nekira said, is rather vaguely done (by Palladium standards). Oh well. I like it because its generic enough to be adapted easily to fit what ever narrative needs I have.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

Yeah, they really really needed to come back and make the magic using classes in the Immortal section a little clearer as to what else they can do/get as they level.

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

With the HU immortals magic powers selections I use the mystic study power cat magic sensing abilities.

The reason being, is, that, overall, the HU power cat's are generalized frameworks that only give a core of what char can be, needing some additions or modifications to make them complete. Some are more and some are less complete in their abilities to make a complete character.
The Immortals power cat is one where it is very incomplete. The next worst would be the Aliens PC.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

What Drew said, 110%. :ok:

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”