Supers Campaign Help needed! (Part 1)

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

bathawk
Dungeon Crawler

Supers Campaign Help needed! (Part 1)

Unread post by bathawk »

hey all, I'm a little out of practice GM'ing, I don't think I'm doing a bad job, but could certainly do better, and would appreciate the advice (Even though this game isn't being run onHU2 rules,I'm going to be cross posting this on a few other superhero RPG boards as I'm not sure how much traffic this one gets, and hoping that "system neutral"help is something I can still solicit)

Suffice it to say if your playing in the GURPS IST world (Amazing Solutions "B" Team) stop reading if your going to want to avoid spoilers

The World: the game takes place in the GURPS Supers: IST world, the short version is that the United Nations has banned nuclear weapons and Superhumans in the military. China in protest has dropped out of the UN and now has the largest supply of military Supers and Nukes

The Campaign: The PC's work for Amazing Solutions. A Supers for hire agency in Chicago. While such organizations are relatively common in the game world, Amazing Solutions specializes in Exploration and rescue. However, with the ban on Military Supers, many 1st world militaries sidestep this restriction to outside agencies like Amazing Solutions
The players
  • A teleporter/Timeporter with a number of wildcard skills/gadgeteering, who has a "time stasis" pistol
  • A college student who can magicaly turn into a living ice statue, and with the help of a magic glove has a half dozen ice related attacks
  • A former Navy Seaman with cockroach powers (half spiderman/half wolverine)
  • A telekenetic "knight" who can focus his power into a powerful sword
  • a martial artists who can sense and project electricity, parry projecticle and "disapear" from reality (linked invisibility/insubstantiality)
  • a semi-fallen angel, mazing appearance, resistance to injury, flaming sword ect;)

The Hook
A 'corporate' superteam went up to rescue a large space station facility in orbit, when among a panicked distress call all contact was lost, and the Station is now falling from orbit.
The station will crash in two days in China just a couple hundred miles past the Vietnam border. The Chinese are aware of the stations fall, but are not aware that it will fall in their territory until it hits (The stations fall is slowed/moved by the sacrifice of one superstrong member of the corporate team)

The Line
The mission: after being taken to Hanoi, the team will sneak into China, after a two day hike(during which the station will crash) The team will enter the station, reclaim the master hard drive of the stations research. A secondary objective will to shut down the stations reactor, in case it goes critical, the third objective will to be rescuing any crew members, or members of the corporate super team that has (unlikely) survived

Curveball #1
The station seems to be over run by aliens, not just aliens, but alien zombies.....but not really, one of the corporate superteam members was a high powered telekinetic/telepath who was the spouse of the superstrong super who was trying to stop/slow the stations fall. he was mindlinked to her when they crashed and she died. Now insane, he is "reliving" the battle with the aliens that caused the chaos by reanimating the bodies on board with his teklekenesis (an causing other creepy/horror effects by having doors open/close, inverting gravity, causing lights to flicker ect;

Sinker
almost 50 years ago, an American special forces soldier died on a mission during the Vietnam war. His hate wouldn't allow him to rest, but he lacked the supernatural power to do anything but molder in his hastily buried corpse....until the radiation from the passing satellite as it fell to Earth gave him the "jumpstart" he needed.
Now an undead revenant, the undead solddier starts treading north. it dosen't know or care that he crossed the border into China, but is continuing on a killing spree and animating the corpses of the slain as he travels
The PC's may see evidence of his passing from time to time, a wandering zombie that got seperated from the pack, or a slaughtered Chinesemilitary patrol.
After leaving the station, they discover the Revenant (called "The Casualty") heading for the Chinese township that is supposed to be the teams exfil site. Whats worse, 2-3 members of the corporate superteam have been brainwashed by his power into assisting him

Sinker
the team has to stop the Casualty simply because its the heroic thing to do and to prevent innocents from being killed. if successful they probably won't be able to keep their mission a secret, but saving the lives of their citizens will probably get a free pass from the Chinese goverment who didn't have to risk their own superhumans, and now has a chance to "play" with the downed space station (even without it's research hard drive)

What i need help with
The Adventure will take place over four adventures
Part #1, the trek through China to the station that will take 2-3 days ending when they arrive at the freshly crashed station (which will land during the middle of the second night) I need ideas for fleshing out the this adventure beyond a few wilderness skill rolls

Part #2 Exploring the Space Station, fighting a few alien "zombies" with a final encounter with the crazy corporate telekinetic hero. Hoping there are some floorplans for a spacestation someone can direct me to purchase somewhere, or (even better) free online

Part #3 a small race against time to get to ex-fil site in the nearby town as the hard drivehas a damaged encryption and needs to be decoded before the info is lost (to prevent the teleporter from just warping home)
This would either result in an encounter with a heavily armed chinese military squad en route to the crash, or an encounter with a squad of zombie soldiers. I don't want the zombies to be encountered before the station delve, as I want the players to think "oh just more telekinetic animated marionettes"....but if I do both encounters I would need some more padding ideas between encounters so it's not just one hack n slash after another

Part #4 intercepting the Casualty before he destroys the town the Casualty is twice as powerful as any single one of the PC's, and is supported by zombie troops and/or 2-3 mind controlled members of the corporate superteam (one of which is a geokinetic by the name of Gravedigger)
this needs the least adding as I assume most of the session will be a climatic action scene. ideas for the corporate team members, or hints on how to make the Casaulty powerful...but not "TOO" powerful would be helpful

of course any further input or ideas for things I may have missed ould be appreciated!
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Re: Supers Campaign Help needed! (Part 1)

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

Maybe give teh casualty a macguffin type power that keeps them from attacking him but immobilizes him when used.
He's not very tough but they PC's have to due some specific thing to depower him/counter the macguffin, to be able to attack him.
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”