Some of your nastier characters....

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Some of your nastier characters....

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

Sure there are heroes, and there are your Villians. THese are mostly, world conquerers, or bank robbers.Not all of them want to literally take over the world, or literally rob banks Rather there are ones who have big sweeping ambitions that crime is only a part of. And others for whom crime is a career(these types are mostly interested in money, or the "good life" as it where).
And then there are the monsters. They kill, and torture, and main. not for a cause, but because they can.
GI has two good examples of these. One is the group with the guy who's blood can cure the Leader of the Centurions. The other is the unstoppable Circus themed group.

Here are a few of mine, probably not the most original, but here you go:
Jack-in-the-Box:
Eperiment Side effect of Crazyman insanity [and a few other things]
Super abilities:Illusions and the minor version of poison/venom.
Instead of using claws, spit or other weaponry to carry the poison, he spins his illusions out of it.
His "Illusions" are basically shaped clouds of his poison. Solid and harmless enough while you go along with the effects. But disrupting the illusion "pops the weasal" and it dissolves into clouds of the lethal poison.

That one takes a bit of handwaving.

LEts see, Deluge. has APs: Water, pocket dimension, rainmaker.
Uses pocket dimension to absorb endless amount of water and uses that and his major powers to flood an area that shouldn't have to worry about flooding. Like the top floors of a skyscraper.

Medusa:
Mineral Symbiote:
Majors>CEF:Earth, Animate Objects.
Minors>Sleep Dust. Tunneling
She likes to sneak under/into cities to add to statues in the gardens. She puts her victims to sleep, then coats them in cements or stone, and moves them into a statuesque pose and place(sometimes destroying an actual statue that was there). If challenged "animates" them to fight for her(if they are too big for animate objects to work, she is actually control the "stone"/"cement" surrounding her "statues").
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
Lynn
D-Bee

Re: Some of your nastier characters....

Unread post by Lynn »

worst i ever had was a guy that would shoot the bums for target practice.
we would give them a bottle of wine with serum that would give them minor super abilities. when they would start flying with no control we would shoot them in the head. we called it "bum skeet shooting"

but the other players stopped coming over before I could get to evil :twisted:
we did have another character dump that serum in a batch of ice cream at DQ
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Tyke Bomb
Transferal/Possession
Multiple Selves
Dimensional Room

It really sucks when the bad guys robing the bank/jewelry store/art museum/what ever, while wearing a deadmanned explosive vest, are a couple of possessed kids from the local middle school. It really, really sucks in fact.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Mercdog
Hero

Unread post by Mercdog »

Mister Death
A serial killer with Natural Combat Ability, Lightning Reflexes, Living Anatomy, and Unnoteworthy/Forgettable. He was just a normal, average looking, working class stiff with glasses. At least until he discovered during a random mugging that he had a talent for killing... and enjoyed it. He's plied his trade across the country, using different methods in each city he visits. Among other names, he's been known in the press as the Mason Park Assassin, the Barrow's Ripper, the Sante Rey Strangler, and the Bad Route Butcher. His identity, and true total body count, has yet to be discovered by law enforcement.
Blade with whom I have lived.
Blade with whom I now die.
Serve right and justice one last time.
Seek one last heart of evil.
Still one last life of pain.
Cut well old friend...
and then farewell.
-Sir Orin Neville Smyth, Flight of Dragons
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

What made the two villains below so "nasty" was the slow way I "revealed" them. Early in the game the players learned they were among the top dogs in the main villain's organization. As the game went on they learned more and more about them. Rumors, hearsay, and evidence of their carnage conspired to make the players dutifully worried when they finally had to face these threats. Truth be told I had a lot of fun with all the "Lieutenants" I made for this organization, but the two below really seemed to leave a mark with most of the players.

Amaya, Heartless Immortal assassin. Over 1,000 years ago she sought the power to take revenge against brigands who killed her family. She was given that power in exchange for the promise to serve for the "rest of her life." Her vital organs and essence were mystically transfered and preserved in a "Mystic Heart." She exacted her revenge and has spent the last thousand years serving whatever various crime lords and mystic cartels possess her Mystic Heart. She's become the underworld's most valued treasure - a legend whose control changes hands but whose purpose never changes. A secret about her, long-forgotten, is that she doesn't have to serve whoever possesses her Mystic Heart. She simply made a promise to serve for eternity and she is following up on that promise. She would welcome an end to this existence but refuses to seek it. She may have nothing else, but she has her honor. In Heroes Unlimited terms she is considered a Mega Hero with the powers of Zombie Flesh, Natural Combat Ability, and minor powers that basically mimic many of the N&SS Martial Arts powers. The epilogue of this adventure log was a particularly fun story to write which featured her.

Blaspheme, Demonic Ex-Nun. Tessa Browning suffered an accident that triggered latent mutant genes. Her mutation caused her to be shunned by the church, but she found acceptance in another religious organization: The Church of Unity. She became a true believer and received empowerment from the Milk of Power. Her powers allow her to summon Gargoyles and slowly transform into a facsimile of one as well. All these experiences have completely unhinged her, and she's a wildcard in any organization she belongs to. The only stable thing about her is the Church and its message, which she spreads to other mutants when she can. When she's not engaged in preaching, she's a remorseless force of chaos with no morals or sanity. In Heroes Unlimited terms she's an Experiment who must transform to use her powers, and those powers are Winged Flight, Superhuman Strength, Summon Lesser Demons (limited to Gargoyles, but can summon/command 2x the usual number), and Monstrous Form (which prompts a second transformation). Base Form. First Transformation. Second Transformation.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

:D Lots of them on the conversion to 2nd edition post.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Glistam wrote:What made the two villains below so "nasty" was the slow way I "revealed" them. Early in the game the players learned they were among the top dogs in the main villain's organization. As the game went on they learned more and more about them. Rumors, hearsay, and evidence of their carnage conspired to make the players dutifully worried when they finally had to face these threats. Truth be told I had a lot of fun with all the "Lieutenants" I made for this organization, but the two below really seemed to leave a mark with most of the players.

Amaya, Heartless Immortal assassin. Over 1,000 years ago she sought the power to take revenge against brigands who killed her family. She was given that power in exchange for the promise to serve for the "rest of her life." Her vital organs and essence were mystically transfered and preserved in a "Mystic Heart." She exacted her revenge and has spent the last thousand years serving whatever various crime lords and mystic cartels possess her Mystic Heart. She's become the underworld's most valued treasure - a legend whose control changes hands but whose purpose never changes. A secret about her, long-forgotten, is that she doesn't have to serve whoever possesses her Mystic Heart. She simply made a promise to serve for eternity and she is following up on that promise. She would welcome an end to this existence but refuses to seek it. She may have nothing else, but she has her honor. In Heroes Unlimited terms she is considered a Mega Hero with the powers of Zombie Flesh, Natural Combat Ability, and minor powers that basically mimic many of the N&SS Martial Arts powers. The epilogue of this adventure log was a particularly fun story to write which featured her.

I hope you don't mind that I am going to borrow Amaya. She is just too cool a concept and definitely one of those "Man I wish I had thought of that" ones.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

eliakon wrote:
Glistam wrote:What made the two villains below so "nasty" was the slow way I "revealed" them. Early in the game the players learned they were among the top dogs in the main villain's organization. As the game went on they learned more and more about them. Rumors, hearsay, and evidence of their carnage conspired to make the players dutifully worried when they finally had to face these threats. Truth be told I had a lot of fun with all the "Lieutenants" I made for this organization, but the two below really seemed to leave a mark with most of the players.

I hope you don't mind that I am going to borrow Amaya. She is just too cool a concept and definitely one of those "Man I wish I had thought of that" ones.

I am flattered and don't mind at all!
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
parkhyun
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by parkhyun »

Razor Venus - Hardware.

She ran a snuff brothel, where rich clients would pay for the privilege of mutilating and killing pretty girls. Her S&M outfit included lots of shockers and stingers.
Mr___Blue
Newb

Unread post by Mr___Blue »

Cannibal, just another soldier of fortune until he is decides to let let loose and transforms. When transformed he body looses all features (ears, eyes, noise, scares, etc.) except for a mouth filled with serrated shark teeth. His skin is a dull white on his head, and slowly loosing all color as it descends down his neck until it is see through reveling the musics of an inhuman killing machine. He is an experimental living weapon with monstrous form, bulletproof, super consumption (only when transformed), and a taste for the living (when transformed).

Cannibal fights with bite and claw. No one has walked away from hand to hand combat with him without missing a large chunks of flesh, and usually limbs. Those are the lucky ones as most who come that close to him are eaten alive. Not only does Cannibal eat people, but has grown to enjoy the terror he invokes by doing it while they are alive. During his brief stay with a super mercenary outfit called Apocalypse Industries he would usually be deployed alone as even most of the hardened murders refused to work with someone who once ate his own escape helicopter (and its crew) just so he had an excuse to stay in the war zone another few days to hunt down an entire super hero team and slaughter them for fun.
Saitou Hajime
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Hardcore Palladium Fan
Gun Lover
Canadian eh?

Unread post by Saitou Hajime »

*slow clap for all*
Subjugator wrote:I got my first job at age 12 (maybe 11, but I think 12) and worked more or less continuously until today. I had to so I could eat properly. Doing so as a kid detracted from my educational experience, which was bad enough to begin with . . .

Gingrich is wrong.

/Sub
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

Spartan.

Transferred intelligence Analytical Genius Hardware power category.

He built human size, weight, appearance, A.I Androids with self destruct systems.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”