Missile Damages - huh????

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Malakai
Dungeon Crawler

Missile Damages - huh????

Unread post by Malakai »

Back at it with epic space battles.

In the process of designing various space ships and seeing how things pan out, and I have come to this peculiarity: Why are missile damages so low?

Ballistic missiles - the giant, 2000-mile range behemoths - are only doing 1D6x50-1D6x100 - the same as a man-portable 66mm Light Antitank Weapon.

A 90mm Recoilless Rifle is dishing out 1D10x100! And will only set me back less than $15K, while the missiles are a quarter-million for 4.

I looked for some errata on this - maybe some zeros got left on the cutting room floor, but couldn't find any.

While I am all for significantly boosting the damages on these (and the standard Long and Medium range ones as well), I wanted to see what other people have done/thought of in this regard.
"Rifts Earth is alot more scary when you realize that its effectively people with the education level of retarded children running around with military grade ordinance." - Taylor White

Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood.

H. L. Mencken
US editor (1880 - 1956)
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: Missile Damages - huh????

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Malakai wrote:Back at it with epic space battles.

In the process of designing various space ships and seeing how things pan out, and I have come to this peculiarity: Why are missile damages so low?

Ballistic missiles - the giant, 2000-mile range behemoths - are only doing 1D6x50-1D6x100 - the same as a man-portable 66mm Light Antitank Weapon.

A 90mm Recoilless Rifle is dishing out 1D10x100! And will only set me back less than $15K, while the missiles are a quarter-million for 4.

I looked for some errata on this - maybe some zeros got left on the cutting room floor, but couldn't find any.

While I am all for significantly boosting the damages on these (and the standard Long and Medium range ones as well), I wanted to see what other people have done/thought of in this regard.

Palladium missiles have always been hilariously under-powered. even in Phase World where battleships have hundreds of thousands of MDC, the biggest missiles only deal at most 2d6*100. and that's for antimatter/singularity missiles.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Malakai
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Malakai »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:Palladium missiles have always been hilariously under-powered. even in Phase World where battleships have hundreds of thousands of MDC, the biggest missiles only deal at most 2d6*100. and that's for antimatter/singularity missiles.

It's funny you should mention that, because the ships in this (SDC) system have MILLIONS of SDC in armor and shields AND have AR to go with that, meaning battles could very well take hours IN-GAME, at pitched frenzy pace.
"Rifts Earth is alot more scary when you realize that its effectively people with the education level of retarded children running around with military grade ordinance." - Taylor White

Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood.

H. L. Mencken
US editor (1880 - 1956)
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

10x the damage to normal radius and then 10x the radius with progressively less multiplication (x9 in x2, x8 in x3, x7 in x4, x6 in x5, x5 in x6, x4 in x7, x3 in x8, x2 in x9, x1 in x10) would bring them up to a good level.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”