Animal Abilities: Shark

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

GreenGhost
Adventurer

Animal Abilities: Shark

Unread post by GreenGhost »

I'm creating a team of Superheroes where one of the Player Characters is a former Navy SEAL who took place in an experiment in which he was transformed into a large humanoid Great White. I've looked through all of my HU books and can't find anything about Animal Abilities: Shark. Am I missing something or is there no super power of Animal Abilities: Shark?

If this super power doesn't exist, has anyone played with the idea?

Thanks in advance. :-D
Semper Fi
OOH-RAH!
0331/0321
AzathothXy
Adventurer

Re: Animal Abilities: Shark

Unread post by AzathothXy »

I think there was a guy in the book Mutant Underground with that power.
The Nuclear Chaos
That thing is not dead which has the capacity to continue to exist eternally,
And if the abnormal ones come,then death may cease to be
GreenGhost
Adventurer

Unread post by GreenGhost »

AzathothXy wrote:I think there was a guy in the book Mutant Underground with that power.

I've got that book. I'll check it out. Thanks! :)
Semper Fi
OOH-RAH!
0331/0321
SittingBull
Hero
Comment: "Its not the destination that matters, its the journey along the way."

Unread post by SittingBull »

Sadly I find mutant animals, in heroes unlimited, unpowered. Love the shark idea. Trying to think if I have seen that anywhere. Let me look in a Rifter. Rifter #29 has the bio-e costs for mutant animal sharks.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword."
Kosh from Babylon 5
"You don't understand, so you find excuses."
Doctor Who
"Peace has made you weak. Victory has defeated you."
Bane
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

GreenGhost wrote:I'm creating a team of Superheroes where one of the Player Characters is a former Navy SEAL who took place in an experiment in which he was transformed into a large humanoid Great White. I've looked through all of my HU books and can't find anything about Animal Abilities: Shark. Am I missing something or is there no super power of Animal Abilities: Shark?

If this super power doesn't exist, has anyone played with the idea?

Thanks in advance. :-D

Rifts World Book 7 Underseas has stats for Sharks, but otherwise I really can't help you here. RWB7 though should allow you to take the Animal Abilities power and adapt it for the specific species for the most part I would think.

Alternatively make selections from the Supersolider Program to give a "Great White Shark" vibe to him/her with a custom Supersolidere Ability option.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

The Black Vault Wiki has several powers that would work but nothing that is specifically Animal Abilities: Shark. Here is my power that gives you a shark's bite: http://wiki.thedeificnmi.com/index.php?title=Sharkbite
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
fbdaury
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by fbdaury »

Maybe take the Animal Abilities: Cetacean power and modify it as follows:
Remove the Sonar ability and Replace with Supernatural Bite/Jaws from Super Consumption power, change Hold Breath ability to Breathe Underwater, change the Physical bonuses to +1D6 P.S. and +1D6 P.E., reduce the S.D.C. bonus to +1D6x10, add the Heightened Sense of Smell power from Bear or Canine, add the Flexible Backbone from Mustelids, and leave the control power the same except that it affects Sharks instead of Whales, Dolphins, or Porpoises. Does that make it too overpowered?
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Id do it a little differently. The 'Fish' power isn't as strong as Cetacean, but as it's a 'Shark' and we're playing superhero/villians, I'd likely use the Cetacean as a base too.

I'd modify it like this

Abilities and bonuses:
1: Breathe underwater or on land indefinitely
2: Natural simmer with a skill of 98% swim speed is 5X normal speed
3: Add 2d6 to PS, which is extraordinary on land and supernatural in the water. (The enormous strength of sharks is 'legendary'. So I'd keep that. he's strong on land but in the water you're a primal beast)
4: Add 2d4 to PE. Sharks are also legendary for 'never stop swimming'. Which is some what of a myth but still.
5: Add 3D5X10 to SDC, and give an AR of... 12? Sharkskin is netorously tough. You could also add in some minor damage if you strike under the AR, kinda like quills, as shark skin can rip you up if you hit it or rub it wrong, but that's optional.
6: Depth Tolerance 2 miles
7: Can control 1 large shark or 1D4 Medium or smaller+1 per lvl of experience.
8: Bite. I'd add the first two aspects of 'Super consumption" from PU1 (Page 84) 1 Supernatural biting power: can bite and chew though anyting with an ar of 17 or less, 2D6 (Though that seems a bit wimpy.. Might boost that to 3 or 4D6) Bite damage if you bite something organic. and 2: eating and alter mouth jaw. Basicly allowing you to open and unhinge your jaw allowing you to cram in a bunch of stuff..
9: Some people are gonna wanna add claws.... because.. *Shrugs* I don't know but it's pretty typical on 'Sharky' chars. Add or not to your flavor.
10: Advanced smell, in water only.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

A previous incarnation of this topic: Animal Abilities: Shark
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

Wasn't there something mutants underground or something? a guy who had animal abilites shark?
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
SittingBull
Hero
Comment: "Its not the destination that matters, its the journey along the way."

Unread post by SittingBull »

Listing for mutant shark in rifter 29.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword."
Kosh from Babylon 5
"You don't understand, so you find excuses."
Doctor Who
"Peace has made you weak. Victory has defeated you."
Bane
fbdaury
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by fbdaury »

Sir_Spirit wrote:Wasn't there something mutants underground or something? a guy who had animal abilites shark?

Lone Shark (I kid you not...) had Underwater Abilities, Healing Factor, and Lycanthropy: Shark.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”