Power tools?

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Gimpman
D-Bee

Power tools?

Unread post by Gimpman »

Where would I find details for stats for say a Power drill, Jackhammer, Buzz saw, chainsaw and the like?
Bill
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Power tools?

Unread post by Bill »

Dead Reign indicates that a chainsaw should inflict 3D6 S.D.C. It doesn't include any special rules for sawing through something or even a modifier to hit with the unwieldy machine. I'd go down to 3D4 for one of the little electrics and up as high as 4D8 for one of the big industrial models. While they've got a lot of potential for damage, they're not made to be weapons, they're not well balanced, and if the target isn't helpless, you may only knick them or you may dismember them depending on which way they flinch.

I don't know if any of the other stuff on your list has been detailed as a weapon in any Palladium book. Using a little common sense you can assign some basic values though. A power drill is more or less a stabbing weapon and probably won't do more than 1D6, equivalent to a large knife, unless the attack is against a helpless target. A jackhammer isn't really wieldable as a weapon, but it is designed to break up chunks of concrete and rock. I'd go with something like 1D4x10 S.D.C. but a penalty to strike in melee. I'd treat a circular saw or other spinning blade as a chainsaw.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

There are two other listings for chain saws. The 1st being in RWB Juicers Uprising and the 2nd is in the RT2 Genesis Pits.

If the person is strong enough a Jack hammer can be used like a Zon Ton club (Mystic China,¿spelling?)
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Gimpman wrote:Where would I find details for stats for say a Power drill, Jackhammer, Buzz saw, chainsaw and the like?

I've seen all of these with MD stats in Rifts (and 1E/2E RT IINM) somewhere beyond just what drewkitty listed:
-Construction Equipmentin Merc Ops (pg112-3)
-Rifts New West Mining Borg (pg187-8)
-Rifts Bionics Source Book (pg96-97 basically reprinted from New West), has MD Jackhammer, various drills, shovel, air blaster, Multi-Tool (covers chainsaw, circular saw, drill, torch most have "SDC" modes)
-Japan, Russian, and Triax1&2 also have examples in the book of these tools as weapons (technically Splyn Dim Market has a plasma chainsaw, but probably not as useful), though these may not be the only other books to add to the list

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”