Question about damaging energy field powers

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Niji

Question about damaging energy field powers

Unread post by Niji »

So say you are sporting one of the minor Energy Field powers, APS fire, etc.

Do physical matter projectiles get destroyed if the damage from the field, upon the projectile crossing its boundry if the sdc of the projectile(or the damage it would do) is less than the damage the field does? Logically and rationally this would be the case, but I know Palladium Books sometimes doesn't work on anything like that hahah. The description of the "natural ar" in APS fire implies this is how that would work (rather then actually give a natural ar, it just uses that in lue of calculating damage of each projectile vs how much each one recieves).

For instance EE: Energy Aura inflicts damage on contact, so when a 1D6 bullet is about to strike would it first take 2D6 damage have its physical form vaporized and then still deliver the potential kinetic energy or what? The "reduces other energy attacks by half" part implies the damage of the aura mediates incoming attacks by dispersing them with its own damage. Thematically/Cinematically I mean (super important).

If none of these work this way IS THERE ANYTHING in any of the books that does work this way? (A magic spell, niche psionic ability, etc)
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: Question about damaging energy field powers

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Niji wrote:So say you are sporting one of the minor Energy Field powers, APS fire, etc.

Do physical matter projectiles get destroyed if the damage from the field, upon the projectile crossing its boundry if the sdc of the projectile(or the damage it would do) is less than the damage the field does? Logically and rationally this would be the case, but I know Palladium Books sometimes doesn't work on anything like that hahah. The description of the "natural ar" in APS fire implies this is how that would work (rather then actually give a natural ar, it just uses that in lue of calculating damage of each projectile vs how much each one recieves).

For instance EE: Energy Aura inflicts damage on contact, so when a 1D6 bullet is about to strike would it first take 2D6 damage have its physical form vaporized and then still deliver the potential kinetic energy or what? The "reduces other energy attacks by half" part implies the damage of the aura mediates incoming attacks by dispersing them with its own damage. Thematically/Cinematically I mean (super important).

If none of these work this way IS THERE ANYTHING in any of the books that does work this way? (A magic spell, niche psionic ability, etc)

I would say energy fields could work that way, the thing is bullets might have enough SDC to survive. I mean, a sword does 2d6 damage. if you slash a bullet with a sword, you might make a mark on it, but you wouldn't cut it in half. It'd still be a bullet.

The problem isn't that energy fields don't work that way, it's that most weapons are too durable to be useful. 2d6 is not a lot of damage, a bullet can easially take it and keep going.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Re: Question about damaging energy field powers

Unread post by say652 »

Aps fire etc have an Ar, this is the bullets burning up thing.
Aps Electricity doesn't have an Ar but can simo strike incoming attacks with electric flight, total Invulnerablility ;)

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”