Newbie in need of some help

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

knockemdeadkidd
Newb

Newbie in need of some help

Unread post by knockemdeadkidd »

A couple friends and myself have been skimming through the market trying to find a fun rpg to play, and we had settled on Heroes Unlimited.

I took the honors of reading through the books (none of us have touched a RPG game before this), and all was going well, until I hit the skills section of the character creation.

I had read how to determine education and such and had been creating a character as I went along with the book, but then I got stuck when I was picking skills.

My big problem was when I rolled the Military Education it had told me to plays +10% on two skill programs (I thought I understood) until I seen the list under skill programs, and seen a massive list under the "Military program", and I don't know if I am to take every thing under "Military Program" or just select one of the skills located under it.

I'm sorry if this seems like a stupid question to ask, but as I stated all of us are new, and I really want to understand how to play this game, as it does seem like it will bring loads of fun.

Thank you in advance to anyone who helps
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: Newbie in need of some help

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

knockemdeadkidd wrote:A couple friends and myself have been skimming through the market trying to find a fun rpg to play, and we had settled on Heroes Unlimited.

I took the honors of reading through the books (none of us have touched a RPG game before this), and all was going well, until I hit the skills section of the character creation.

I had read how to determine education and such and had been creating a character as I went along with the book, but then I got stuck when I was picking skills.

My big problem was when I rolled the Military Education it had told me to plays +10% on two skill programs (I thought I understood) until I seen the list under skill programs, and seen a massive list under the "Military program", and I don't know if I am to take every thing under "Military Program" or just select one of the skills located under it.

I'm sorry if this seems like a stupid question to ask, but as I stated all of us are new, and I really want to understand how to play this game, as it does seem like it will bring loads of fun.

You take all the skills under Military program, yes. you don't pick just one, you get them All.

Note, the "Military Demolitions Program", while they failed to seperate it with a blank line, is still bolded and slightly indented, which seperates it. You do NOT get the skulls under military demolitions unless it is taken sepeartely.

That goes for ALL skill programs. you get a skill program, you get every skill listed under it. most palladium characters wind up with around 15-25 skills when secondary skills are added in. this seems like a lot until you remember there are well over one hundred skills.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
knockemdeadkidd
Newb

Re: Newbie in need of some help

Unread post by knockemdeadkidd »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
knockemdeadkidd wrote:A couple friends and myself have been skimming through the market trying to find a fun rpg to play, and we had settled on Heroes Unlimited.

You take all the skills under Military program, yes. you don't pick just one, you get them All.

Note, the "Military Demolitions Program", while they failed to seperate it with a blank line, is still bolded and slightly indented, which seperates it. You do NOT get the skulls under military demolitions unless it is taken sepeartely.

That goes for ALL skill programs. you get a skill program, you get every skill listed under it. most palladium characters wind up with around 15-25 skills when secondary skills are added in. this seems like a lot until you remember there are well over one hundred skills.

Thank you very much for your reply.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”