Is Using Psyscape,s Pcc in H.U,OK?

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gaby
Knight

Is Using Psyscape,s Pcc in H.U,OK?

Unread post by gaby »

Is Using Psyscape,s Pcc in H.U,Ok?

Tell me What you think?
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Re: Is Using Psyscape,s Pcc in H.U,OK?

Unread post by Glistam »

As long as you are comfortable converting the M.D.C. to S.D.C. it should be fine. They will seem underpowered though compared to regular superhumans, since their powers are still fueled by I.S.P. while superhuman powers are not.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Other than MDC conversions, you shouldn't have a problem.

As for power level, Psyscape psychic characters wont be any weaker than existing HU psychics.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

You can, they can fit like other Psychics. Explaining them on HU Earth might take a little doing if you don't use the classsic " Fell through a rift" fallback.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

"Special mystic enclave hidden beyond the realm of man sending their heroes to help defend the world." Explanation done. :p

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
Bill
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Bill »

Anything the GM says is okay, is okay.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

According to the HU2 psychic section PCCs from the other settings can be substituted into HU2 with the GM's permission.

The one thing you will have to look out for is if a Player tries to sneak a racial psi powers in past you. (Like the mutant race psi powers from RSA2.) However, IMO if it is a alien, then including those racial powers in the alien's racial powers can be rationalized.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Razorwing
Hero

Unread post by Razorwing »

The best way I've found to deal with the problem of ISP/PPE recovery is to basically ignore it and allow them to replenish their full pool with a good night's rest or the equivalent in mediation (8 hours/4 hours). The recovery times are far too crippling for these characters... requiring days at the lower levels to fully replenish their energy... to weeks of inactivity at the higher levels to do the same.

And just to be clear, alternative methods of replenishing these energies aren't always viable... ley lines are fairly uncommon to be near one all the time, heroes rarely kill to reap the benefit of sacrifices (which requires preparation to begin with... not something that can be done on the fly in the middle of combat)... and just taking from others isn't always as easy as it sounds. Psychics have it even rougher as there are no outside sources of ISP to help them recover faster.

Combined with the fact that Super-Powered characters require no down time to keep their powers at full, and we have a major game issue where even a low level hero with only minor powers can be considered more powerful than a high level mage or psychic. Even tech-based heroes don't usually suffer like these power categories.
There are three types of people in the world; those who can count and those who can't.
Daniel Stoker
Knight

I've done a similar thing in my games allowing Psychic characters to replenish their full pool with 8 hours of Meditation/sleep or either 10 or 12 hours of rest. That way as they improve in levels and get more ISP their rate per hour increases and they're not stuck needing to meditate for 5 hours to recoup from one use of a psi-sword.

Daniel Stoker
flatline
Knight

Unread post by flatline »

Institute a house rule where the psychic's level or ME bonus (or both!) is subtracted from the cost of any power. That can make cheap powers free and lets you use expensive powers more often before running dry.

--flatline
I don't care about canon answers. I'm interested in good, well-reasoned answers and, perhaps, a short discussion of how that answer is supported or contradicted by canon.

If I don't provide a book and page number, then don't assume that I'm describing canon. I'll tell you if I'm describing canon.
The Artist Formerly
Champion
Comment: Time Magazine's person of the year, 2006.

Unread post by The Artist Formerly »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:According to the HU2 psychic section PCCs from the other settings can be substituted into HU2 with the GM's permission.

The one thing you will have to look out for is if a Player tries to sneak a racial psi powers in past you. (Like the mutant race psi powers from RSA2.) However, IMO if it is a alien, then including those racial powers in the alien's racial powers can be rationalized.

Pretty much that.

Also, you might add something like the Cyber-Knight. That's a great class for Heroes Unlimited!
When I look in the dictionary and see the word Cool...I see Taffy's picture...-Shady Slug
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. -Abraham Lincoln
Daniel Stoker
Knight

I've had a lot of fun with both a Cyber-Knight and a Guardian from Nightbane in Heroes.

Daniel Stoker
McFacemelt
Wanderer
Comment: Now go away, or I will be forced to taunt you a second time.

Unread post by McFacemelt »

I played a Psi-Ghost in an HU game and it fit right in. Probably the most fun I've had playing a psionic in HU.
I am and shall always be the GM who gives you what you want, only to make you wish you had wanted something else.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”