Masters of Crime

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Magistrate Prime
Newb

Masters of Crime

Unread post by Magistrate Prime »

Masters of Crime, remember them. I'm starting up a new campaign for my very long ongoing Heroes game and I wanted to use them. Once upon a time they were a recurring antagonist in my games. I even added two new member Mind Master and the diabolical Robot Master. (Really there ended up being two Robot Masters, I didn't like the first one very much so he became and IT consultant. ) Somewhere along the line they stopped showing up. I think its time for Shadow Master to put the band back together again.
Anyway, I can't find my Revised H.U book anywhere. I'm not sure if this against forums rules but does anyone have their stats? I know am going to need to modify then for H.U 2nd if i want use them, which should be fun.
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Re: Masters of Crime

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Magistrate Prime wrote:Masters of Crime, remember them. I'm starting up a new campaign for my very long ongoing Heroes game and I wanted to use them. Once upon a time they were a recurring antagonist in my games. I even added two new member Mind Master and the diabolical Robot Master. (Really there ended up being two Robot Masters, I didn't like the first one very much so he became and IT consultant. ) Somewhere along the line they stopped showing up. I think its time for Shadow Master to put the band back together again.
Anyway, I can't find my Revised H.U book anywhere. I'm not sure if this against forums rules but does anyone have their stats? I know am going to need to modify then for H.U 2nd if i want use them, which should be fun.

I revised these guys a while back. You can find them on the Topic Above called Revised to 2nd edition
(page 7).

The Crime Masters

POWER MASTER

Aliases: Solar
Occupation: Criminal (extortionist, terrorist). Former member of S.P.A.T.
Alignment: Miscreant
Power Category: Mutant
Experience Level: 3rd
Hit Points: 52 S.D.C. 206 (+60 during daytime)
P.P.E. 25
Appearance: He is a walking wall of muscle.
Attributes: I.Q. 8, M.E. 9, M.. 7, P.S. 28, P.P. 9, P.E. 12, P.B. 14, Spd 8
Age: 20, Sex: Male, Weight: 250 lbs (112.5 kg), Height: 6 foot, 8 inches (2.07 m)
Unusual physical characteristics: Stocky and Extra-Large Hands. Note: He has the
equivalent of Superhuman P.S. He can carry 5600 lbs (2520 kg) and lift 8400 lbs (3780 kg).
Minor Super Abilities: Solar Powered, Energy Expulsions: Light, Impervious to Energy &
Electricity, Bend Light, Increase Durability. Note: The range and damage of his light expulsion is
increased by 50% during the day.
Combat Training: Expert
Attacks per Melee: 5/6 (2 initial +2 from hand to hand +1 from boxing) +1 when exposed
to daylight).
Combat Bonuses: +2 to initiative/+3 during daylight, +2 to strike, +6 to parry, +6 to
dodge, +13 to damage, +6 to roll with punch/fall/impact, +2 to pull punch/+4 during daylight,
+2 disarm during daylight.
Saving Throws: +10% to save vs coma/death.
Combat Skills: Punch 1D4+6, Elbow/Forearm 1D6, Power Blow 2D4+6 (counts as two
attacks), Knee 1D6, Pin 18-20, Body Block/Tackle 1D4 + P.S. damage bonus (parry or dodge to
avoid knockdown), Pin 18-20, Crush 1D4 + P.S. damage bonus, and Knockout on an unmodified
dice roll of 20.
Educational Background: One year in college (wrestling scholarship, he is a little slow and
has trouble learning, so he has only one scholastic program).
Common Skills : Read-Write/Speak 86%/91%, Mathematics: Basic 84%, and Pilot: Automobile 69%.
Physical Program: Hand to hand: Expert, Boxing, and Wrestling.
Secondary Skills: Body building & Weightlifting, Swimming 65%, Athletics (general),
Automotive Mechanics 40%, Basic mechanics 40%, Dance 45%, Cook 50%, Pilot Truck 52%,
Pilot Race Car 64%, Pick Locks 30%, and Streetwise 24%.
Money: He shares in the finical gains of the Crime Masters. So far, Shadow Master has
given him over $75,000 dollars in spending money. He has yet to figure out that SM owes him
more.
Weapons: None. He is a living weapon.
Equipment and Vehicles: None. He has to hitch a ride with Task or Shadow Master.

TASK MASTER

Aliases: He has several assumed identities.
Alignment: Diabolic
Power Category: Special Training/Secret Operative
Experience Level: 8th
Hit Points: 47 S.D.C. 99
P.P.E. 19
Appearance: He is a handsome, older man with a full head of snow-white hair and alert
eyes that seem to notice everything. He keeps himself in peak physically condition through a
regular regime of exercise.
Attributes: I.Q. 12, M.E. 13, M.A. 15, P.S. 22, P.P. 14, P.E. 21, P.B. 14, Spd 30
Age: 46, Sex: Male, Height: 5 foot, 8 inches (1.76 m), Weight: 170
lbs (76.5 kg).
Combat Training: Assassin
Attacks per Melee: 8 (2 initial +5 from hand to hand +1 from boxing).
Combat Bonuses: +3 on initiative, +2 to strike, +6 to parry, +6 to dodge, +11 to damage,
+5 to roll with punch/fall/impact, +5 to pull punch, and +3 disarm.
Saving Throws: +12% to save vs coma/death, +3 to save vs. poison and magic.
Combat Skills: Punch 1D4, Elbow/Forearm 1D6, Knee 1D6, Knife Hand 1D6, Power Blow
2D4 (counts as two attacks), Body Flip/Throw 1D6 plus P.S. damage bonus (lose initiative and 1
attack/action), All Holds, Deathblow (if desired; must announce intention), and Knockout on an
unmodified dice roll of 20.
Educational Background: Special Training
[c]Common Skills[/c]: Read-Write/Speak English 98/98%, Pilot: Automobile 86%, Pilot: Airplane
92%, Pilot: Jet Aircraft 82%, Mathematics: Basic 98%, and Read-Write/Speak Arabic and
Spanish 98%.
Special Training: Boxing, Running, Climbing 98/90%, Military Etiquette 85%, Radio: Basic 98%,
W.P. Handgun (+4 to aim/+2 to burst), W.P. Rifle (+4 to aim/+2 to burst), W.P. Energy Pistol (+4
to aim/+2 to burst), W.P. Heavy Military Weapons (+3 to aim/+1 to burst), Demolitions 94%,
Demolitions Disposal 94%, Intelligence 88%, Wilderness Survival 85%, Sniper (+2 to aimed/called
shot, counts as two attacks), Disguise 80%, Tracking 80%, Find Contraband 78%, Pick Pocket
85%, Seduction 64%, Streetwise 66%, Prowl 75%, and Concealment 62%.
Secondary Skills: Body Building & Weightlifting, Swimming 90%, Athletics (general), First
Aid 85%, Art (sculpture) 75%, Research 90%, W.P. Sub-Machine gun (+3 to aim/+1 to burst),
W.P. Shotgun (+3 to aim/+1 to burst), W.P. Knife (+3 to strike/parry & +4 to throw), Basic
Mechanics 70%, Basic Electronics 70%, Computer Operation 80%, T.V./Video 48%, Land
Navigation 60%, Recognize Weapon Quality 40%, and Photography 50%.
Money: He has stash away more then half a million dollars hidden in various bank
accounts all over the world.
Weapons:
Sap Gloves, +2 to damage on punches.
Glock 17 (9mm Parabellum), Range: 165 feet (50 m), Damage: 3D6, Rate of Fire: Single
shot or semi-automatic, Payload: 17 round mag.
9mm Mini Uzi, Range: 135 feet (41 m), Damage: 3D6, Rate of Fire: Single shot or
semi-automatic, Payload: 25 round mag.
7.62mm G3 Heckler & Koch with laser sight and recoil diminishers, Range: 1320 feet (400
m), Damage: 4D6, Rate of Fire: Single shot, semi-automatic, or full automatic, Payload: 20
round box mag, Bonuses: +2 to aim or short bursts. Laser Sight Range 200 feet (61 m).
Eight Throwing Knives, Damage: 1D6, Bonuses: +1 to throw (improved balance).
AA1 Close Assault Weapon Systems (CAWS) , Range: 492 feet (150 m), Damage: 1D6x10
with a 20 foot (6 m) blast radius, Rate of Fire: Single shot, Payload: 12 round box mag. Note:
This weapons can also fire smoke, illumination (light up 90 sq ft/8.1 sq m for 4 melees), HE
(2D4x10), AP (1D4x10 with a 3 foot/.9 m blast radius-PV 9), fragmentation, CS/chemical gas
(same as tear gas), and stun/flash grenades (blind any onlooker within 200 feet (60.96 m).
Anyone within 3 feet/.9 m of the grenade take 1D6 points of damage. Those who observe the
blast are –10 to strike, parry, and dodge for 2D6 minutes with no initiative and lost of ½
attacks. The flash is so bright that putting a bare hand in front of ones eyes will allow the
onlooker to see the bones in the hand. Flare compensation devices will reduce penalties by
one-half.
Four white phosphorus grenades, Damage: 3D6 and burns for 3D4 melees with a blast
radius of 15 sq ft (1.35 sq m). This will pretty much burn/melt through almost any material
(including tank armor), but won’t burn through dirt and stone.
Twelve smoke pellets, Damage: None, creates a smoke-filled area to provide protective
cover (opponents cannot see into or through the smoke) or used as a signal. Opponents whose
vision is obscured by the smoke are –6 to strike, parry, and dodge. Radius of effect: 10 feet
(3.0 m) per pellet.
Armor: Point blank vest (A.R. 10 and 70 S.D.C).
Equipment and Vehicles:Riot helmet with night-sight goggles built in, utility belt, web belt,
and belt radio. He use to have a soup-ed up corvette but it was blown up by a crime syndicate
in response to his killing of a syndicate drug dealer (Bernard Kline). Now he just drives around in
anything that allows him to blend in the area that he is operating in, but he does own a Piper
Aztech Aircraft (seats 5, range 1310 miles/2096 km, Spd 253 mph/375 km per hour.

SHADOW MASTER

Aliases: Master of Shadows
Alignment: Miscreant
Power Category: Experiment
Experience Level: 7th
Hit Points: 41 S.D.C. 40 (+50 SDC at night).
P.P.E. 19
Appearance: He conceals his body constantly in a costume and mask. Few have ever
seen an trace of his bare skin.
Attributes: I.Q. 23, M.E. 12, M.A. 11, P.S. 13, P.P. 12, P.E. 13, P.B. 6, Spd 10
Age: 30, Sex: Male, Weight: 190 lbs (85.5 kg), Height: 6 foot (1.82 m)
Side Effects: No facial features, a slit for a mouth, two tiny holes for a nostrils, narrow
eyes, button size ears, and a slight ridge just above what should be eye sockets.
Insanity: Obsession with secrecy, prizes in his secrecy above all else. He is never seen
without wearing his Shadow Master costume and/or the mask.
Natural Abilities: Perfect 20/20 visions, see infrared and ultraviolet (600 feet/183 m),
superior sense of smell and hearing.
Major Super Abilities: Darkness Control
Minor Super Abilities: Shadow Shaping, Shadow Stepping, and Nightstalking.
Combat Training: Basic
Attacks per Melee: 5 (2 initial +3 from hand to hand).
Combat Bonuses: +3 on initiative (+4 at night/darkness), +1 to strike, +2 to parry, +2 to
dodge, +2 to damage (+1D6 at night), +2 to roll with punch/fall/impact, and +2 to pull punch.
Combat Skills: Punch 1D4, Elbow/Forearm 1D6, and Power Punch 2D4 (counts as two
attacks), Knee 1D6, Kick 2D4, and Critical strike on unmodified dice roll of 19-20.
Other Bonuses: +9% to all skills.
Educational Background: One year of college.
Common Skills: Read-Write/Speak 98%/98%, Mathematics: Basic 98%, and Pilot: Automobile 90%.
Science Program: Computer Operation 94%, Mathematics: Advance 98%, Chemistry 84%,
Chemistry: Analytical 79%, Anthropology 89%, and Astrophysics 79%.
Technical Program: Photography 89%, Writing 79%, Art (drawing) 89%, and Computer
Programming 84%.
Secondary Skills: Hand to hand: Basic, Automotive Mechanics 69%, Basis Electronics
74%, Pick Pocket 69%, Pick Locks 74%, Pilot: Motorcycle 97%, Pilot: Airplane 87%, W.P.
Handgun (+3 to aim/+1 to burst), Streetwise 49%, Prowl 59%, Radio: Basic 64%, and Business &
Finance 54%.
Money: At any given time, Shadow Master has $2D6x10,000 stored in caches in almost
every major city in the United States. However, his prize purse of 1.8 million dollars in stolen
diamonds is hidden away in secret vault.
Weapons:
Officer’s ACP (.45 Colt), Range: 165 feet (50 m), Damage: 4D6, Rate of Fire: Single shot
or semi-automatic, Payload: 6 rounds.
Parabellum Mauser (7.65mm) , Range: 131 feet (40 m), Damage: 3D6, Rate of Fire: Single
shot or semi-automatic, Payload: 8 round box mag,
Four smoke pellets, Damage: None, creates a smoke-filled area to provide protective
cover (opponents cannot see into or through the smoke) or used as a signal. Opponents whose
vision is obscured by the smoke are –6 to strike, parry, and dodge. Radius of effect: 10 feet
(3.0 m) per pellet.
Two knives.
Armor: Occasionally wears concealed light armor (A.R. 10 and 50 S.D.C).
Equipment and Vehicles: Shadow Master costume, gas filter-nose and mouth piece, one
side holsters, web belt, ear mike radio receiver and transmitter, and bullet resistant attaché
case. Typically, he assess what hardware/vehicle he needs for a job, acquires it, uses it, and
discards it. However, he seem to enjoy stealing sport utility vehicles.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”