New Character Idea:

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Ranger
Adventurer
Comment: Tucker Did It!

New Character Idea:

Unread post by Ranger »

I am thinking of playing a Techno Wizard in Hero's Unlimited. Going to use the money for the Analytical Genius as a limit to the amount of gear he starts with.

Thoughts/Ideas for equipment?
csyphrett
Adventurer

Re: New Character Idea:

Unread post by csyphrett »

Infiltrators tend to go to invisibility spells, Tanks tend to go for Armor of Ithan with Invulnerability, Blasters tend to use lightning.

What do you want to specialize in?
CES
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

The "Mystic Power Armor" from the original Rifts Main Book. It's in the TW write-up section.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Ranger
Adventurer

Unread post by Ranger »

Character Concept "Batman" type...Defender of the Nation (UK) and world from supernatural threats. Lives near Oxfordshire UK and works as a librairn for Oxford Unervisty.

Is a Dreamer Gizmoteer with TW abilities.

(GM likes NNJS and has everyone use a NNJS OCC and then add powers/mage abilities.)
wyrmraker
Hero

Unread post by wyrmraker »

For Techno-Wizardry, my go-to stealth spells are all in Mercenary Adventures. For the character you're describing, that is a good start. And remember to ask the GM to allow you to swap out MDC spells for SDC ones, or at least level-equivalent replacements. Also the learning curve for spellcasters is a lot different between HU and Rifts. Settle that with your GM quickly.
csyphrett
Adventurer

As a Batman, I would pick up all the ninja type spells you can like shadow meld, shadow teleport, and invisibility. Maybe pick up escape or pick locks. Might need some kind of tracer spell if you have any money left for people who escape the first fight
CES
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Ranger wrote:Character Concept "Batman" type...Defender of the Nation (UK) and world from supernatural threats. Lives near Oxfordshire UK and works as a librairn for Oxford Unervisty.

(GM likes NNJS and has everyone use a NNJS OCC and then add powers/mage abilities.)

Not saying anyone is converting BUT I just want to make sure that all of you are aware of the "NO CONVERSION" rule.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
csyphrett
Adventurer

NMI wrote:Not saying anyone is converting BUT I just want to make sure that all of you are aware of the "NO CONVERSION" rule.

Sure
CES
Ranger
Adventurer

Unread post by Ranger »

NMI wrote:
Ranger wrote:Character Concept "Batman" type...Defender of the Nation (UK) and world from supernatural threats. Lives near Oxfordshire UK and works as a librairn for Oxford Unervisty.

Not saying anyone is converting BUT I just want to make sure that all of you are aware of the "NO CONVERSION" rule.

I know, no direct conversions (at least posted publicly), but using the Batman like background and mission oriented mind set.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Ranger wrote:I am thinking of playing a Techno Wizard in Hero's Unlimited. Going to use the money for the Analytical Genius as a limit to the amount of gear he starts with.

A place to look over the the text is the the "Super Invention" power cat. for ideas about what is allowable for making stuff that mimic superpowers.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
fbdaury
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by fbdaury »

Also, keep in mind that if you are using the Dreamer Gizmoteer OCC that you get one non-exclusive MA form, and some of them grant Arts of Invisibility, so you might get those stealthy skills from that instead of magic- I would suggest Drunken Style Kung Fu, although it only has 2 starting attacks per melee but that's just me.
hinomaru
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by hinomaru »

Ranger wrote:I am thinking of playing a Techno Wizard in Hero's Unlimited. Going to use the money for the Analytical Genius as a limit to the amount of gear he starts with.

none you would stay the same and earn the money or steal it . steal equipment and build on it...
wyrmraker
Hero

Unread post by wyrmraker »

Although it occurs to me that even the base $200,000 budget would provide a LOT of gems for a Techno-Wizard in the modern era. Granted, getting access to new spells might be problematic (depends on your GM; mine can be a pain about that a lot of the time) and expensive. However, a Wal-Mart or Toys R Us combined with a junkyard would be all the equipment the character truly needs.
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

I used techno wizards in my hu game. I also allowed pc's with more than 30ppe to use tw devices.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”