Ex heroes

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

dragon_blaze_99
Hero

Ex heroes

Unread post by dragon_blaze_99 »

http://www.goodreads.com/series/67447-ex-heroes

so I'm 3/4 into the series and was wondering if anyone else has read it and if anyone has given thought to a heroes/Dead reign cross like in these books. I have been using the educations form DR over the skill programs in HU for years (I like the total normal person with super powers). but the books are good just wondering if anyone has some ideas on running this style of game?
The mind is the gateway to the future
Ethics are so annoying. I avoid them on principle
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Re: Ex heroes

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

I have read it before and liked it overall and I enjoyed how they treated the powered zombies making them more powerful but nothing like the ‘Marvel Zombies’. I’ve considered doing a game but you need to be careful what powers you allow players to have because with certain ones you’re looking at them quickly over-powering the opposition.

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

Daniel Stoker wrote:I have read it before and liked it overall and I enjoyed how they treated the powered zombies making them more powerful but nothing like the ‘Marvel Zombies’. I’ve considered doing a game but you need to be careful what powers you allow players to have because with certain ones you’re looking at them quickly over-powering the opposition.

Daniel Stoker

I think St. George and Zapp are almost Mega level characters so i don't see it being a huge problem also i was thinking century station as the setting and turning 80% of the heroes and villains in the two books (century station & Gramercy Island) into super zombies just to mess with the players
Daniel Stoker
Knight

Yes but if used right both of them could pretty much clear out zombies in front of the studio in about a day, the problem is they don't use their abilities like that very well.

Daniel Stoker
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

yeah but really the heroes in comic books don't use their powers to full potential also
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

dragon_blaze_99 wrote:yeah but really the heroes in comic books don't use their powers to full potential also

Most do, they have to develop the broadest uses of their powers possible as heroes are often at a disadvantage against villains, or at least their main villain gallery is equal or greater in power to them to provide the feeling of risk to the hero. Some don't but that's because they're mostly on the top tier side so don't have as many challenges to force them into that state of self-actualization, particularly those who won the super-power lottery. That or the writers had no idea what the full measure of their power or powers could do (like Cypher from the New Mutants, at the time the writers had NO idea just what could actually be done with a mutant ability to decipher any language so treated him as a disposable character to generate more angst for one of the main characters).
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
Daniel Stoker
Knight

dragon_blaze_99 wrote:yeah but really the heroes in comic books don't use their powers to full potential also

I'm going to agree with Nightmask, but I'll also point out you can't count on your players not trying to use their powers to their fullest or at least in ways that will disrupt your game as they take out zombies by the boatload.

Daniel Stoker
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

Daniel Stoker wrote:

I'm going to agree with Nightmask, but I'll also point out you can't count on your players not trying to use their powers to their fullest or at least in ways that will disrupt your game as they take out zombies by the boatload.

Daniel Stoker

but you don't know my players I can count on most of them never using the powers to the fullest I'm hoping in some was it pushes them to think out side the box when it comes to using the characters powers :twisted:

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”