Kaiju in Heroes Unlimited

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

NMI
OLD ONE

Re: Kaiju in Heroes Unlimited

Unread post by NMI »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:Vibranium knuckledusters. *nods sagely* Colossus goes down like a chump.

Though Uncle Ben's dead, so that's an entire other kettle of fish, and depending on the time of day, Aunt May might be too.

Without the strength behind those knuckledusters - Aunt May or Ben or any other normal strength person wouldn't do jack to the licks of Colossus.

I will need to check the core HU book in regards to what PS levels do what level of damage to things like APS Metal, Stone, etc... MMV depending on the power/wording.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Well, they'd knock him out of his metal form and then he's wacked with knuckle dusters on top of it. But yeah in theory he's a big guy 'before' he goes metal so probably has a 100+SDC even before he's metal.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

in regards to kaiju.. i like the feel of the ones in Pacific Rim. big, tough.. but can be taken down by conventional arms, albeit at great cost.

i think that would translate to high natAR (in the 17-18 range), and just loads and loads of SDC and HP.

so it still shrugs off most hits, but still takes them too.. and over time you'll wear it down.

an idea might be to have Kaiju have an 'anti-kaiju' effect.. so that their own attacks have to beat a much lower natAR. so that you need whole regiments to bring down one conventionally, but in a kaiju on kaiju fight they can actually hurt each other.
(even better, you could assign this status to giant mecha designed to fight them, like jeagers or mechagodzilla, etc.. :) )
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Well that would depend on what sort of damage you apply to their attacks.

If they do 3D6X100 in damage per hit or bite, then they would just need to beat the AR.

It would also explain how they knock down buildings and stuff.

If you're using more sedate strength 'rules' where their strenght is supernatural 50 or something, where they get alot less damage per hit, then the 'anti-kaiju' effect would need to be explained.

or perhaps sort of like some weapons of light vs evil. Where the Kaiju do Y damage against normal things, buildings, super heroes and what not, but do Yx 10 against fellow Kaiju or something.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”