Powers Unlimited 2 "Immortals" experience chart question

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Powers Unlimited 2 "Immortals" experience chart question

Unread post by Glistam »

The Immortals power category from Powers Unlimited 2, is there a separate experience chart the non "Mega Hero" Immortals should use, or do they all use the Mega Hero xp chart?
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Re: Powers Unlimited 2 "Immortals" experience chart question

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Immortals are a bit gray when it comes to Mega heroes. The implication is that they all are mega heroes, unless other wise stipulated. They sort of hedge around it a few times by pointing out the GM doesn't have to allow them, or any other mega heroes if he doesn't want to. But then sort of circles back around and says "Well they might allow non mega hero immortals".

As they're immortals I'd just use the mega hero chart. ( I don't really tend to use the exp charts anyway. Never have. The GM pretty much just keeps note of who's playing hard and lets us know when we've leveled up. Either as a group or individually. We've played that way since I was 12)

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

They probably all use the mega-hero table, as immortals see time differently so don't have the same kind of drive to level up or at least the learning experiences basically aren't as enriching as they are for someone who isn't Immortal.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

The way I see it they all use the mega-hero chart.
Just some of them don't have the mega-hero perks (supernatural stats, mega-powers) but don't have the weaknesses either.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

They all have the mega power of immortality and use the mega hero experiance chart.

Some of them are so powerful they also have the other benifits of the mega hero class, including a second mega power.

They all use the same XP table though.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
The Artist Formerly
Champion
Comment: Time Magazine's person of the year, 2006.

Unread post by The Artist Formerly »

Weird. I had thought that the immortals who didn't have the mega notation used the Alien XP table. Well then...

The Immortal is a better mega character then the mega character class is. So it's not a bad thing.
When I look in the dictionary and see the word Cool...I see Taffy's picture...-Shady Slug
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. -Abraham Lincoln
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Glistam »

That could actually make some sort of sense - they are "alien" to our modern day, after all.

Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

By that logic, so would be most of the classes with super powers.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Glistam »

I was referring to an Immortal who's lived through centuries being "alien" to a modern day world populated with super heroes. But I get what you're saying - most of the classes with super powers would be "alien" to a modern day world.

The Artist Formerly
Champion
Comment: Time Magazine's person of the year, 2006.

Unread post by The Artist Formerly »

Glistam wrote:That could actually make some sort of sense - they are "alien" to our modern day, after all.

More a "I didn't bother to read the rules" kind of deal. I've never used one in play and just breezed through it.
When I look in the dictionary and see the word Cool...I see Taffy's picture...-Shady Slug
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. -Abraham Lincoln
Dakchronos
Wanderer

Unread post by Dakchronos »

Even the lesser Immortals are pretty beefy. Our group has kept it as the Mega-Being exp chart. Godlings put the CB 2 Godlings to shame. What's a Mega-Being with Multiple Beings/ Multiple Selves and Magic/Psionics? A near infinite cannon of Super-Natural artillery.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”