Energy Resistance clarification

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

SpiritInterface
Hero

Energy Resistance clarification

Unread post by SpiritInterface »

A question came up during the last Heroes game session, what does it mean in Energy Resistance under vulnerabilities "magic"? Does that mean that it doesn't block cast spells(i.e. call lightning, fire ball), magic weapons(i.e. flaming weapons), magic/supernatural creatures(i.e. elementals), or, all of the above?
Veni Vidi Vici
Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem
Sic vis pacem, Para bellum
Audentes fortuna iuvat
O Tolmon Nika
Oderint Dum Metuant
wyrmraker
Hero

Re: Energy Resistance clarification

Unread post by wyrmraker »

I would personally rule that as non-energy type magics. Fireball yes, Agony not so much. That sort of thing. And there is a lot of magic out there that doesn't use energy as an effect.
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Magic energy spells like call lightning, fireball, etc would be classified as energy form that the power is resistant too. Magic
spell like agony, charm, carpet of adhesion, etc would have full effect on the character unless he made a saving throw. You
don't make a saving throw vs a fireball. You dodge or parry with something (shield).
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

SpiritInterface wrote:A question came up during the last Heroes game session, what does it mean in Energy Resistance under vulnerabilities "magic"? Does that mean that it doesn't block cast spells(i.e. call lightning, fire ball), magic weapons(i.e. flaming weapons), magic/supernatural creatures(i.e. elementals), or, all of the above?

It means if the energy attack is magical in nature then the ER power does not reduce the damage caused by that attack.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”