What are your ideas for New Aliens in H.U/A.U?

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gaby
Knight

What are your ideas for New Aliens in H.U/A.U?

Unread post by gaby »

Hey,What are you for your ideas for new Aliens in H.U/A.U?
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Re: What are your ideas for New Aliens in H.U/A.U?

Unread post by Glistam »

I thought the Phantom R.C.C. from Phase World would make a cool addition to the Aliens Unlimited roster.

An idea I've yet to flesh out was a race of Magma aliens who communicate thermally. They'd be a very tough character for a P.C. to play though.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

I would like to see more aliens that are not simply humanoids with animal heads like most of the ones in the first Aliens Unlimited book.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
The Artist Formerly
Champion
Comment: Time Magazine's person of the year, 2006.

Unread post by The Artist Formerly »

How about instead of more Aliens, we got more details on the existing races. Palladium books has a serious problem with redundancy department of redundancy issues. Fill in the wheres and the whys.
When I look in the dictionary and see the word Cool...I see Taffy's picture...-Shady Slug
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. -Abraham Lincoln
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Your Right.
You can people can come up with a government,military and culture to known aliens.
Sureshot
Champion
Comment: They Saved Sureshot's Brain!

Unread post by Sureshot »

The Artist Formerly wrote:How about instead of more Aliens, we got more details on the existing races. Palladium books has a serious problem with redundancy department of redundancy issues. Fill in the wheres and the whys.

Agreed and very much seconded. At this point we have enough aliens imo. Too many to use in one gaming lifetime. Time for more background information on setting, cultures etc. Mind you PB is not the only company. Even Paizo has redundancy issues. Whats the difference really between a ocean, lake, or river giant really.
If it's stupid and it works. It's not stupid

Palladium can't be given a free pass for criticism because people have a lot of emotion invested in it.

Pathfinder is good. It is not the second coming of D&D.

Surshot is absolutely right. (Kevin Seimbeda)

Enlightened Grognard

When I step out of line the mods do their jobs. I don't benefit from some sort of special protection.
The Artist Formerly
Champion
Comment: Time Magazine's person of the year, 2006.

Unread post by The Artist Formerly »

Sureshot wrote:
The Artist Formerly wrote:How about instead of more Aliens, we got more details on the existing races. Palladium books has a serious problem with redundancy department of redundancy issues. Fill in the wheres and the whys.

Agreed and very much seconded. At this point we have enough aliens imo. Too many to use in one gaming lifetime. Time for more background information on setting, cultures etc. Mind you PB is not the only company. Even Paizo has redundancy issues. Whats the difference really between a ocean, lake, or river giant really.

In great space opera stories we see, it's the focus on the few aliens and how they are like us and how they are different from us that set up the story. Those elements are the drama, and the blowing stuff up parts are just the things that happen to connect the dramatic parts together.
When I look in the dictionary and see the word Cool...I see Taffy's picture...-Shady Slug
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. -Abraham Lincoln
fbdaury
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by fbdaury »

The Artist Formerly wrote:
Sureshot wrote:

In great space opera stories we see, it's the focus on the few aliens and how they are like us and how they are different from us that set up the story. Those elements are the drama, and the blowing stuff up parts are just the things that happen to connect the dramatic parts together.

Unless its a Michael Bay movie, then the blowing stuff up part is the whole of the story...

Oh, wait...

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”