Healing Factor/Immunity to Disease

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Prodigy
Explorer

Healing Factor/Immunity to Disease

Unread post by Prodigy »

The initial description of Healing Factor in HU2, states ""provides incredible recuperative abilities and immunity to disease and toxins." While the subsuquent points have toxins resistants and such, it says nothing of disease immunity.

I guess my question is; does Healing Factor provide immunity to disease?
sine yo pity on da runny kind
Nightmask
Palladin

Re: Healing Factor/Immunity to Disease

Unread post by Nightmask »

Yes it gives immunity to disease.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

It could be just referring to the increase in P.E. that it provides, since your P.E. bonus afects your save vs. disease. There's a minor power in Powers Unlimited 1 called "Immune to Disease" that makes a person completely immune. I believe the "Immortality" super power from tbe main book also specifically confers immunity to diseases, too.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
SpiritInterface
Hero

Unread post by SpiritInterface »

Nightmask wrote:Yes it gives immunity to disease.

agreed, it states it explicitly in the first sentence.
Veni Vidi Vici
Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem
Sic vis pacem, Para bellum
Audentes fortuna iuvat
O Tolmon Nika
Oderint Dum Metuant
Nightmask
Palladin

Glistam wrote:It could be just referring to the increase in P.E. that it provides, since your P.E. bonus afects your save vs. disease. There's a minor power in Powers Unlimited 1 called "Immune to Disease" that makes a person completely immune. I believe the "Immortality" super power from tbe main book also specifically confers immunity to diseases, too.

There's also a note that having a PE over 30 renders you 'effectively' immune to disease (something not too hard to do with a few of the PE boosting super-powers and physical skills and average dice rolls).
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
Nightmask
Palladin

SpiritInterface wrote:

Plus not like disease ends up a concern all that often, if a hero in the comics has a disease it's more often either some super-villain deliberately infecting them or they were exposed to something super-exotic like a bio-weapon. Common cold and the flu aren't that common (although Spider-man probably had the largest number of mundane 'Oh God I feel so sick I really don't want to go fight today's Super-villain' moments of any super-hero, around a dozen I think) even for super-heroes that aren't actually super and are just highly trained humans.

Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

SpiritInterface wrote:

The first sentence makes a similar expression about toxins and then goes on to reveal that it is not UTTER immunity but merely resistance.

Kind of like how Impervious to Energy makes you immune to MOST energy, but some kinds of energy (like Invader or Newtown guns) will bypass that.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Ranger
Adventurer
Comment: Tucker Did It!

Unread post by Ranger »

It gives immunity to all normal earth (terrestrial) diseases but geneticaly modified ones specifically for that hero/villian may not be immune to it.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”