Copy Physical Structure & Strength

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Additional Damage when metal or stone

No change to the characters P.S. value, Damage is as standard
75%
Add to the bonus for Superhman P.S. to the characters P.S. value for attacks
No votes
Add the same bonus the APS he is turning into would have.
25%

Total votes: 4

Incriptus
Hero
Comment: Hey, relaaaax. Pretend it's a game. Maybe it'll even be fun
Shoot the tubes, Dogmeat!

Copy Physical Structure & Strength

Unread post by Incriptus »

"...Metal and stone characters, while the superbeing's punches and kicks do additional damage indicative of his superhuman PS"

Well Superhuman P.S. doesn't actually do any additional damage. The additional damage is in the form of the increase in PS. Most of the time when you have a power that says the characters P.S. is superhuman you don't increase the number just take advantage of the lift/carry advantage and the ability to hurt some things that are immune to normal punches and kicks (ie APS Stone).

Perhaps once upon a time they had an intention to include an "augmented P.S." table similar to Rifts but decided against it. Regardless I wonder what your opinion on the subject is.

Edit: another idea perhaps give him the same PS bonus that the APS he is turning into would have?
NMI
OLD ONE

Re: Copy Physical Structure & Strength

Unread post by NMI »

What I do when I am GM'ing is the following:
EO PS: add 1 die to base damage of the melee attack [1d4 punch, now is 2D4. 2D6 kick is now 3D6.]
SH PS: add 2 dice

Bionic characters -- depending on if hands/arms are bionic and/or armored, maybe 1-2 additional dice. This is ignored if they end up wielding a melee weapon.

Giant Beings add an additional die per 10' beyond 10' in height. ie: 20, 30, 40, etc...
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

Last game I implented an alternate house rule that another forum user mentioned, and I loved it! For Superhuman and Extraordinary P.S., take their max lift weight and divide by 500. This will give you the "equivalent" Supernatural P.S. number. Use THAT number to look up the equivalent Supernatural P.S. damage and use that.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

I figure increase their strength by slightly less than the main APS powers do.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

NMI wrote:What I do when I am GM'ing is the following:
EO PS: add 1 die to base damage of the melee attack [1d4 punch, now is 2D4. 2D6 kick is now 3D6.]
SH PS: add 2 dice

Bionic characters -- depending on if hands/arms are bionic and/or armored, maybe 1-2 additional dice. This is ignored if they end up wielding a melee weapon.

Giant Beings add an additional die per 10' beyond 10' in height. ie: 20, 30, 40, etc...
I like this way of doing it. Do you have a maximum amount cap on the size thing or is the sky the limit?
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Fun thing about robotic PS:

in the example of a giant robot with a PS of 100, it gets base damage per the SUPERNATURAL strength damage table.

Also, I can't even find rules on how to make a 100ft robot since that's above the min/max numbers given for any of the shapes.

I always figured robotic was like superhuman so maybe we should let superhuman roll on the SNPS base damage too!
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”