Immortal Personal Weapon....

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Magic Personal Modern Weapon....

Fires one of the listed effects as it's magic blasts and one of the other of the table magic effects.
33%
Fires mundane ammo and has both of the table magic effects.
No votes
Fires a blast of magic and has both of the table magic effects.
No votes
Some other combination....(post the idea please)
67%

Total votes: 3

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Immortal Personal Weapon....

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

I was putting together a immortal char the other day and noted that the text does not specifically say that if the personal weapon is not an ancient weapon that it has to be a mundane modern weapon.

So my question is that if the personal weapon is a magical modern weapon would it a) just have the one of the ranged magic powers for it's ranged effects (still with just two magic effects) or will it have an unaffected mundane function along with two of the magic effects.
Or some other combination of abilities?

P.S.: Yes, I do understand what was intended for the text to mean. I'm just want to know what others think on this.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Re: Immortal Personal Weapon....

Unread post by eliakon »

If you have a modern weapon. Say a magic pistol, and also lets say it has two magic effects. Then I would say that it shoots normal ammunition like a regular pistol. That ammunition is not magical in any way. If one of the effects is a ranged attack, say a fire ball. Then it can shoot a fire ball instead of shooting a bullet. I would allow, as one of its effects, to make the bullets/laser beams/what ever be 'magic' attacks. But that's just me.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
SpiritInterface
Hero

Unread post by SpiritInterface »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:I was putting together a immortal char the other day and noted that the text does not specifically say that if the personal weapon is not an ancient weapon that it has to be a mundane modern weapon.

So my question is that if the personal weapon is a magical modern weapon would it a) just have the one of the ranged magic powers for it's ranged effects (still with just two magic effects) or will it have an unaffected mundane function along with two of the magic effects.

P.S.: Yes, I do understand what was intended for the text to mean. I'm just want to know what others think on this.

Actually yes it does say that it is a mundane modern weapon under the "01-05% None, prefers to use Modern Weapons." As a GM I might let you choose a TW weapon instead.
Veni Vidi Vici
Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem
Sic vis pacem, Para bellum
Audentes fortuna iuvat
O Tolmon Nika
Oderint Dum Metuant
Mouse
D-Bee

Unread post by Mouse »

[quote="SpiritInterface"][quote="drewkitty ~..~"]I was putting together a immortal char the other day and noted that the text does not specifically say that if the personal weapon is not an ancient weapon that it has to be a mundane modern weapon.

I always use the Galactic Option for Firearms in that circumstance from AU. It gives an adequate compensation for power, especially if one chooses a weapon with Micro-jet ammo.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”