PU2 Immortals question

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

SpiritInterface
Hero

PU2 Immortals question

Unread post by SpiritInterface »

In PU2 Immortals section under Human Immortals (page 62) they give the immortal a sort of limited Shapechange. The question came up as to how extensive the changes can be? Can the immortal change his facial features, eye color, hair color, height/weight, ethnicity, finger prints, retinal pattern, maybe even gender?
Veni Vidi Vici
Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem
Sic vis pacem, Para bellum
Audentes fortuna iuvat
O Tolmon Nika
Oderint Dum Metuant
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Re: PU2 Immortals question

Unread post by Glistam »

That seems reasonable. I don't have the book in front of me but I thought the only limitation was that they couldn't duplicate a person. So the immortal can change all that but they can't deliberately make it exactly match another person.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Nope, none of that.

"...but as an immortal he can shapechange to look like a member of any human race on Earth."

The change only lets the immortal blend into the crowd. Changing the small things that are inherent to the ethnic background of the population. Still looking like himself, but just with the small features that mark him as a part of that gene group.

To give an example say the immortal came from the Northern europe, he would be able to take on the looks of other regions' ethnic looks. So so he could look chinese, japanese Korean.. or change to look african or Egyptian...etc...
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

So ethnicity, but not necessarily other stuff. Gender for example... so an Immortal female could not blend into a male-exclusive military order, and an Immortal male could not infiltrate amazons.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Unread post by Damian Magecraft »

Tor wrote:So ethnicity, but not necessarily other stuff. Gender for example... so an Immortal female could not blend into a male-exclusive military order, and an Immortal male could not infiltrate amazons.
that would be my take on it.
DM is correct by the way. - Ninjabunny
It's a shoddy carpenter who blames his tools. - Killer Cyborg
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
Ranger
Adventurer
Comment: Tucker Did It!

Unread post by Ranger »

I always allowed them to change the color, sex, hair color/length, etc but could not duplicate a specific person *unless they had the disguise and impersonate skill.
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

Tor wrote:So ethnicity, but not necessarily other stuff. Gender for example... so an Immortal female could not blend into a male-exclusive military order, and an Immortal male could not infiltrate amazons.

Well, the Canon Amazon's have males in their city, and I had an idea sass for an Amazon Prince....
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”