ballooning and you ?

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

taalismn
Priest

Re: ballooning and you ?

Unread post by taalismn »

Chronic_GreenHorn wrote:Hi there :D me and my friend were setting up for a game this weekend and he asked instead of having three powers(empowered) he just wanted two and he wanted to sort of intertwine them APS:Rubber and Elasticity and he was arguing that he could balloon up individual limbs other than his whole body would this affect gameplay in anyway like added weight and or extra punching damage? thank you

If he's simply ballooning/inflating up the limbs, I'd say NO...in fact, he'd be REDUCING the damage because the force of a punch from a ballooned limb would be distributed over a larger area, reducing its overall force.
It would LOOK impressive, but it would be like suiting up in an inflatable sumo-suit and punching somebody, or beating them with a pool toy.
You'd need something like Growth and/or Density Control in the mix to make substantial supersized limbs with some actual 'umph' to them.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
fbdaury
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by fbdaury »

Sounds like he wants to essentially duplicate the Enlarge Body Parts power from PU1...
Razorwing
Hero

Unread post by Razorwing »

Actually, I think the Prodigious Limbs major power from PU3 (pg 88) would accomplish this feat better.
There are three types of people in the world; those who can count and those who can't.
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

Just give him Prodigious Limbs as a third power...
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Actually it would be rather amusing to have the OP character try out his amazing new attack combo and be wondering why Doctor Destructo isn't going down under the balloon-beating he's being subjected to.
FWAP-"Why-"FWAP"-aren't-"FWAP"-you-"FWAP"-going-"FWAP"-down?!!!!!!!!"
#"You serious? What's your finishing move on me? A whoopee cushion?"#

Actually he might get a good stinging attack stretching out his arms, pulling back(WAAAAYYYY back) one of his fingers, and using it like a rubberband snap.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

maybe you could create "slingshot" as a attack option for elastic people period?
howdey folks!!!!!!!!

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”