Using Skills from other Palladium Sources

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Ronin84
D-Bee

Using Skills from other Palladium Sources

Unread post by Ronin84 »

Has anyone done this? Is there anything I need to be wary of? Players were flipping through Dead Reign and looking at some of the skills in there. Thanks in advance...
Snake Eyes
Hero
Comment: Living in Florida, soon to be Dinosaur Swamp

Re: Using Skills from other Palladium Sources

Unread post by Snake Eyes »

As a gm i do this a lot......but there are skills that won't fit into certain settings

i believe most, if not all the skills from Dead Reign are he same as in HU and will fit in just fine
The Dragon Has Spoken
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

In general it shouldn't be too much of a problem. The only issue that can come up is that there are a couple skills out there that can be...problematic (sharpshooting, stalking, stalk/capture, vital points, W.P Trick Shots, W.P. Modern, etc.) that can be abused. Just remember a little no goes a long way. But its great for diversity stuff (want a lore skill for your PhDs to study? Grab BtS 1 or 2 and go nuts.) And some skills out there just BEG to be used (Advanced Electronics for an inventor type? Yes Please! More hand to hand styles for ancient masters to study? You bet.)
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Ranger
Adventurer
Comment: Tucker Did It!

Unread post by Ranger »

Yes all the time. I actually update a spread sheet with all of the skills as I get more books.
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

You bet I'm always using the skills from BtS, Rifts Ultimate Edition, Dead Reign, N&SS, and Robotech in all of my HU games and
those fitting skills in my Palladium Fantasy skills. Of course, when it comes time for cannon material, I'm always looking for ways
to include new skills in those game systems, if such skills get axex, I'll try to "sneak" them in with my NPCS ;) .

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”