A question about the Revisted Villains Unlimited

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Kargan3033
Hero

A question about the Revisted Villains Unlimited

Unread post by Kargan3033 »

I have Villains Unlimited 1st edition and I was wondering if the revised VU is worth buying.

So if anyone has both editions of VU I'd like to hear your thoughts on the revised VU.
" Ale and Whores, it's not just your reward, it's your Motivation. "
The Artist Formerly
Champion
Comment: Time Magazine's person of the year, 2006.

Re: A question about the Revisted Villains Unlimited

Unread post by The Artist Formerly »

Not worth it. They took out the parts about new powers from the white book, and replaced it with a new adventure group/hook. The basic idea was cool, but they didn't update the character builds for the core book. So you have a bunch of weird character builds, leaving the GM to either fix it him or herself, or use them as is. Exactly what you're doing right now. I was really disappointed by this half assed effort and felt ripped off.
When I look in the dictionary and see the word Cool...I see Taffy's picture...-Shady Slug
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. -Abraham Lincoln
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

Out of all the Heroes Unlimited books, especially considering you already have the original version, I would prioritize it as the last book to buy. They didn't really do any updates on the heroes or villains from Revised to Second Edition, so it's mostly just a reprint with a bit of new material (one new organization, where the new powers used to be). Since the heroes and villains weren't updated to Second Edition stats, there was a fan project that did a wonderful job in making those conversions/upgrades. It's stickied in this forum here.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Kargan3033
Hero

Thanks everyone for your input, I have all the HU books save for this one and when I read the info about The Judges I thought it would be worth the time and money to buy it because of The Judges and updated/new villains.
Kargan3033
Hero

Glistam wrote:Out of all the Heroes Unlimited books, especially considering you already have the original version, I would prioritize it as the last book to buy. They didn't really do any updates on the heroes or villains from Revised to Second Edition, so it's mostly just a reprint with a bit of new material (one new organization, where the new powers used to be). Since the heroes and villains weren't updated to Second Edition stats, there was a fan project that did a wonderful job in making those conversions/upgrades. It's stickied in this forum here.

Thanks for the link, that's a damn good post.
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Instead of buying that book :badbad: . I suggest you check out the post Revised to the 2nd Conversions here on the
board. Cardiac and myself took upon ourselves to do the "correct" update that Villains Unlimited needed.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”