Electric combo

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Trent
Explorer

Electric combo

Unread post by Trent »

If a character had both Energy Absorption (pg 273 HU revised 2nd ed) AND Conduct Electricity (pg 18 Powers Unlimited One) could they used energy absorbed and stored by one to power the abilities of the other ? How long could the absorbed energy be stored and what rules should apply ?
Please Help a Family in Need : http://www.gofundme.com/y27ff9w ,
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Re: Electric combo

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

Seems like a reasonable combo to me.

Energy Absorption's Draining Touch ability specifies how much energy a character can draw, but not how long this energy can be stored. In fact, several of the abilities provided by Energy Absorption seem to assume that the character always has a ready supply of energy stored up (perhaps from ambient heat and sunlight?). Thus it may be possible for the character to use the Toss Electrical Bolts ability of Conduct Electricity at will, without having to hold a live power source, because the character is a power source.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Trent
Explorer

Unread post by Trent »

Tinker Dragoon wrote:Seems like a reasonable combo to me.

Energy Absorption's Draining Touch ability specifies how much energy a character can draw, but not how long this energy can be stored. In fact, several of the abilities provided by Energy Absorption seem to assume that the character always has a ready supply of energy stored up (perhaps from ambient heat and sunlight?). Thus it may be possible for the character to use the Toss Electrical Bolts ability of Conduct Electricity at will, without having to hold a live power source, because the character is a power source.

That was my thoughts too . But wanted to make sure I was not missing a detail . I would still think it adds flavor to the power to require a metal conductor to focus the discharge . Just to make it challengeing . Yay electric weapons . And how about being able to charge your own electric motorcycle ?
Please Help a Family in Need : http://www.gofundme.com/y27ff9w ,
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Trent wrote:
Tinker Dragoon wrote:Seems like a reasonable combo to me.

That was my thoughts too . But wanted to make sure I was not missing a detail . I would still think it adds flavor to the power to require a metal conductor to focus the discharge . Just to make it challengeing . Yay electric weapons . And how about being able to charge your own electric motorcycle ?

Rule of Cool automatically says that if it lets you power your electric Harley that it should be allowed.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
The Artist Formerly
Champion
Comment: Time Magazine's person of the year, 2006.

Unread post by The Artist Formerly »

Trent wrote:If a character had both Energy Absorption (pg 273 HU revised 2nd ed) AND Conduct Electricity (pg 18 Powers Unlimited One) could they used energy absorbed and stored by one to power the abilities of the other ? How long could the absorbed energy be stored and what rules should apply ?

Is it a functional combo? Hell yes. How long? I don't see a reason why it couldn't be held for as long as the character is conscious. You might need to play around with it, though, law of unintended consequences and all that. One minute per point of ME or PE should do. If it doesn't cause balance troubles, and I can't think of any, expand up.
When I look in the dictionary and see the word Cool...I see Taffy's picture...-Shady Slug
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. -Abraham Lincoln
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Tinker Dragoon wrote: it may be possible for the character to use the Toss Electrical Bolts ability of Conduct Electricity at will, without having to hold a live power source, because the character is a power source.

and a live one, at that
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”