Most objects thrown in attack

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Most objects thrown in attack

Unread post by Tor »

I know that APS Ice guys can do a triple-shard attack and that Physical Training: Weapons can do either a double-knife throw (1 per hand) or eventually a triple-knife throw (3 from 1 hand).

Does anyone know any other classes who can throw 3 or possibly more things in a single action like Ice/PT guys? Not necessarily limited to HU.

I'm not even sure if the Xiticix Warriors or Super-Warriors could do this, I get the impression their quadruple strike is intended to be for close-range and not throwing/guns.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Re: Most objects thrown in attack

Unread post by Glistam »

The Throwing skill, in either HU2 or Rifts: Ultimate Edition (I forget which one), allows a character to throw two objects with each attack, but it is not paired weapons. So, I combined it with the Paired Weapons skill on my rifted superhuman knife-throwing acrobat with Manipulate Kinetic Energy so that she could toss four throwing knives at once (two from each hand). With multiplee limbs this could've been eight knives in one attack, but I didn't want to "push it."
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

The HU2 skill doesn't allow it, will have to check RUE, sounds unfamiliar though.

That someone with paired+throwing would be better than PhysTrainWeapons seems odd though.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
McFacemelt
Wanderer
Comment: Now go away, or I will be forced to taunt you a second time.

Unread post by McFacemelt »

W.P. Targeting in RUE, "Can also throw two small items, like knives, shurikens or throwing sticks, simultaneously at the same target."

I tend to agree with Glistam and ruled so long as both items in a single hand are directed at one target you can throw a total of four items in a single action.

Either way you decide, Super Telekinesis will still win after four levels.
I am and shall always be the GM who gives you what you want, only to make you wish you had wanted something else.
SpiritInterface
Hero

Unread post by SpiritInterface »

McFacemelt wrote:W.P. Targeting in RUE, "Can also throw two small items, like knives, shurikens or throwing sticks, simultaneously at the same target."

I tend to agree with Glistam and ruled so long as both items in a single hand are directed at one target you can throw a total of four items in a single action.

Either way you decide, Super Telekinesis will still win after four levels.

Targeting and multiple limb extra arms, up to six objects in one action.
Veni Vidi Vici
Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem
Sic vis pacem, Para bellum
Audentes fortuna iuvat
O Tolmon Nika
Oderint Dum Metuant

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”