PU3 issue...

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Dakchronos
Wanderer

PU3 issue...

Unread post by Dakchronos »

Rolling random. Where is Evasion found? It's roll 92 under the defensive minors chart, pg 107. It says (New), but I don't even see it in the table of contents.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Re: PU3 issue...

Unread post by Tor »

Besides the possibility that it was left out or cut out, perhaps this is the original title of a power in the book which got renamed at the last minute and the chart wasn't updated?

One way would be to find a power that sounds like or functions like what you would expect from 'evade' which is absent from the table.

I thought it might be Sidestep but that's present on the chart...
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

Defensive Will (PU3, p. 9) is notably absent from the table, and it too is a minor power. My guess is that the two are one and the same.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Having the original manuscript to this book [I got to demo it @ one of the Palladium Open Houses a few years ago], I can say without a doubt that "Evasion" got renamed into "Defensive Will".
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Lukterran
Adventurer

Unread post by Lukterran »

Speaking of errors in this random table under the "Offensive Major Abilities Table," roll #51 reads as follows, "Major Ability of Choice or Two Minor Powers".

That obviously was a mistake. I rolled it once and had to do a double take when creating a character. An example of "copy & paste" at it finest.

Although still better than we Palladium used to type the manuscripts by hand and have all kinds of errors in the early 80s.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Lukterran wrote:Speaking of errors in this random table under the "Offensive Major Abilities Table," roll #51 reads as follows, "Major Ability of Choice or Two Minor Powers".

That obviously was a mistake. I rolled it once and had to do a double take when creating a character. An example of "copy & paste" at it finest.

Although still better than we Palladium used to type the manuscripts by hand and have all kinds of errors in the early 80s.

How is that an error? It simply is stating that if you roll #51 "You can choose a Major Power of your choosing" or "choose 2 minor abilities".
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Lukterran
Adventurer

Unread post by Lukterran »

The random table purpose was to help create a random selection of powers. You always had the option to choose the powers you wanted. I don't know why you would choose two minor over 1 major anyways - so basically you are back to square one were you starting before rolling on the table (needing to choose a major power), making the table roll #51 kind of flawed and pointless.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”