Hardware Mega Heroes

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Crucible
Champion

Hardware Mega Heroes

Unread post by Crucible »

Which book are they in? I know I saw them in one of them...
L-20 Pulse Rifle=25,000 Credits, Plastic Man Full Environmental Armor=18,000 Credits, Speedster Hovercycle w/Nuclear power and Laser=461,000 Credits.

Playing Rifts with your five older children, PRICELESS.

See My New Campaign in story form
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=126287
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Re: Hardware Mega Heroes

Unread post by say652 »

Hardware And special training are off the megahero list. Their skills far out shine extra mdc and strength.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

If you saw them somewhere then they were in the Rifter article about expanding the MH to cover more of the Power cats.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

There was an article in Rifter #65 #37 that had unofficial material for them. Canon for them, so far, is that you would be what ever with just super strength, lots of SDC, and a couple spiffy powers.
<Edit> Sorry my bad, I have the wrong Rifter. As has been pointed out to me its Rifter #37, not 65. (I have no idea how I got THAT mixed up)
Last edited by eliakon on Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Rifter #37
Article by Greg D.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

NMI wrote:Rifter #37
Article by Greg D.

Wasn't there a question about that that was answered in one of the official books, the GM's Guide maybe? I seem to remember something about what to do with someone who wanted a mega-Hardware character (like enhanced budget and/or creating devices with super-powers since it was written before PU2).
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
Crucible
Champion

Unread post by Crucible »

Article by Greg D.

Thanks
L-20 Pulse Rifle=25,000 Credits, Plastic Man Full Environmental Armor=18,000 Credits, Speedster Hovercycle w/Nuclear power and Laser=461,000 Credits.

Playing Rifts with your five older children, PRICELESS.

See My New Campaign in story form
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=126287
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Nightmask wrote:
Article by Greg D.

Wasn't there a question about that that was answered in one of the official books, the GM's Guide maybe? I seem to remember something about what to do with someone who wanted a mega-Hardware character (like enhanced budget and/or creating devices with super-powers since it was written before PU2).

I'd have to check when I got home, but if there was something in there, it was more then likely just "suggestions" and not fleshed out rules.

Rifter #37 presented fleshed out rules.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

NMI wrote:
Nightmask wrote:
Article by Greg D.

I'd have to check when I got home, but if there was something in there, it was more then likely just "suggestions" and not fleshed out rules.

Rifter #37 presented fleshed out rules.

Page 9 of the Game Master's Guide is where it is, and you're right. It's just some suggestions, most of which seem to have been taken and then fleshed out in the Rifter article.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Regularguy
Adventurer

Unread post by Regularguy »

By the rules as written, couldn't an Alien be both a Mega-Hero and a Hardware character?
The Artist Formerly
Champion
Comment: Time Magazine's person of the year, 2006.

Unread post by The Artist Formerly »

Hardware characters, through the power of character development can best most mega-characters in just a few levels. Super tech weapons, robots, power armors, vehicles, and electronic controls. All are just a couple of skill checks away. Concider a space capable car, with laser weapons, and is also a robot attack vehicle. Or hell, if you've got PU 2, an electrical genius character with a belt that gives her super powers, and she keeps all of her skills. That's awesome. And no need for to eat the xp penalty or the mega-vulnerability.
When I look in the dictionary and see the word Cool...I see Taffy's picture...-Shady Slug
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. -Abraham Lincoln

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”