A warehouse 3 supers and 150 zombies.

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

A warehouse 3 supers and 150 zombies.

Unread post by say652 »

1) post just powers for your team.
Limited to heroes unlimited line. No heroes of the megaverse or mdc converted to sdc type stuff.

2) strategy.

3) the zombies are the created zombies by the creare zombie spell. While non infectious the are a bit tougher.
say652
Palladin

Re: A warehouse 3 supers and 150 zombies.

Unread post by say652 »

Stonewall.
Aps:Stone.
Control Earth.

Kincaid.
Hardware weapons expert.

Nova Blue.
Aps:plasma.
Extraordinary Physical Endurance.
Healing Factor.
Superhuman Strength.

Using Stonewalls earth wall abilities try and channel the horde into a narrow line.

Nova torches but they continue kill a few but they arent stopping.

Kincaid starts pumping silver rounds from his AK a few more kills but not enough.

Stonewall uses eaeth pillar to hoist Kincaid up to a snipers position. He also raises himself on a pillar. And opens a pit.

Nova flies over the pit. Plasma bolts and ak rounds twar into the horde.

Kincaid shouts dang my last mag. Shoulders his rifle and draws his twin 45's. Not good not good he says over and over.

Enough!! Stonewall shouts and leaps into the fray. Hoping his strength and toughness are enough to save his friends.

Nova Blue keeps flying over the horde. Aimed blasts focusing on a single target. She was flanked and several zombies leap from above trying to knock tge flier out of the sky.passung harmlessly through her they instantly ignite.

Stonewall is at an impass, he can't hurt them but they can't hurt him. Looking up...

Hanging upside down on a thin climb cord. Kincaid starts blasting, several more zombies collapse.
Somehow he reloads both pistols from his precarious perch.

In the end the team does survive. Though the next night two thirds of the force rises again.

Mvp. Kincaid.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

I ran this scenerio. And was impressed at the ingenuity of the players. Though Stonewalls earth powers were useless against the zombies his quick thinking and walls did help alot.
Nova Blues powers helped but as any ashed zombie reformed her powers were also moderately helpful.
Kincaid was truly impressive quick thinking and his trademark silver ammo saved the day.

I didnt send the rest od the horde at them the next night, though I could have.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

What's the goal? Why is it important to stay in this warehouse and fight 150 zombies? Give me a reason for why my super team would need to do this. Also, do they have time to prepare (do they know about the zombies)?
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

You are investigating a strange business man in Haiti. The eccentric millionare runs a sugar plantation. While searching for clues you are beset by the zombie workers.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

I would have just ripped open pits in the ground [With the Rend Earth ability] and when large amounts of zombies fell in, close said pit. Rinse and repeat.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

I posted the powers this team had.

I'm just curious how different powered beings would handle it.

I ran it across a few of my friends in the military. Theyre strategy was high ground smoke bombs and staggered fire. So the things came in blinded and there was always rounds going down range. And of course the guy reloading was covered by two rifles.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Glistam »

So it's an escape scenario, not a fight to the death survival scenario.

say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

The goal was find the villagers, the unfortunate thing when you find them they are zombiefied workers.
Lukterran
Adventurer

Unread post by Lukterran »

Hero 1: Super G
- Gravity Manipulation and Multiple Beings/Selves
(Creates multiple copies of himself and they all use their increase gravity to lock the zombies down, not even a hundred handed could break away from this kind of gravity force!!! Completely stop all zombies in their tracks and immoblizes them)

Hero 2: Empowered Super Power (3 Major and 1 Minor)
Multiple Limbs, Rocket Fists and Immobilzation Ray / Flight: Wingless
(one set of arms for immoblization rays, the other set used for rocket first: Flies above zombies and uses Immbolization Ray like a tractor beam to pull helpless zombies out of gravity field and flies them high into space. Releasing them just out of the atmosphere. So zombies on their re-entry into earth completely burn up (full damage from fire!)

Here 3: Enchanted Weapon - Weapon of Order (1 Major Power)
- CEF: Fire
(Just uses power weapon to fly above zombies and use CEF: Fire to roast the zombies alive. Plus magic weapon is great for finishing the job)
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

So after the sdf-2 devestation of the giant, I know present......Zombie madness.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Unless head and body are buried seperately or an exorcism is performed. Zombies will rise again, even if completely destroyed. Blown up, riddled with silver bullets, burned to ash.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Mage :D
Amulet vs Undead. Bloodward (its a spell from nightbane, so its not FULLY HU but it is an official spell from an SDC line)
-Impervious to Fire
-Charm Weapon
-Incendiary grenade
-Exorcism
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

A mage opening up shop. Love it!! Well done.
Slight001
Hero

Unread post by Slight001 »

IIRC create zombie style zombies are not effected by a turn undead spell... might be wrong on that. I'm on my phone and without my books at the moment.
"If your plan relies upon chance to succeed, then you've already failed."
"Sometimes to achieve the greatest good, one must commit great evil."
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

This one is quite a challenge in Heroes Unlimited, only mystic study has any sort of monster lore skills.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Without railguns and mdc armor and spells that offer mdc protection. I see and am unimpressed.

Woot
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Glistam »

• Barricade: Create Force Field, Sonic Flight and Vibration
  • Deluge: Control Elemental Force: Water, Rainmaker, Underwater Abilities and Wave Rider
  • Facet: Multiple Selves, Alter Physical Structure: Light

It's Facet who really shines (pun intended!) in this fight. Her light blasts can damage the Zombies and they can't hurt or touch her in any way while she's in light form. Plus she can make copies of herself to fight in more places at ones, so she's pretty much strictly offense and the main Zombie killer. If this team were to keep score, she'd be the winner hands-down.

Deluge in this fight is all about offensive crowd control - specifically, hampering the movement of the Zombies. His attacks can't hurt them, but once he floods the area (happens pretty quickly) he can use his wave and water slam attacks to knock them down and push them around. All while on top of a wave himself thanks to Wave Rider.

Barricade is pretty much support here, working to enhance the other two and keep more of a tactical eye on the fight. His force fields can help herd the Zombies and pen them in, but that only works for a little while until his force field S.D.C. has all been whittled away by the Zombie's attacks - so he's gotta be smart and use them in short bursts, either to protect Deluge, Facet or himself from the rare inventive Zombie attack, or to better position the Zombies for his own Shockwave attacks (but at a total cost of FOUR attacks per melee, that will be a rare event).

This is very much a protracted fight, but none of these heroes are in any danger. As stated above, only Barricade has any real serious concerns due to his limited pool of force field S.D.C., but as long as he sticks to support it should last. The real question becomes: How fast can Facet kill them all?

Crunching the numbers, her Photon Blast does 1D4×10 damage per hit (not counting the +2 per level), needing on average SIX successful hits on a Zombie to kill it (average 50 damage per two attacks, and Zombies have 150 S.D.C. each). So it's basically just over one melee round per version of Facet per Zombie - let's say 2 melee rounds per Zombie to both round up and to account for the occasional miss and dodge. That would take 75 minutes if she had no duplicates to help, and for each duplicate that time is halved. With only one duplicate it's just over a half hour (so no extended combat fatigue penalties), 25 minutes with 3 duplicates, under 20 minutes with 4, and so on.

I didn't define the level of the characters but ultimately even at level 1 they can do this - it'd just be faster at higher levels.

Spoiler:
Barricade, Deluge, and Facet all entered the warehouse. They knew there had to be clues here to explain the weirdness they'd recently encountered.

"Facet, can you give us some light?" Barricade asked after they had walked in the warehouse some distance. Soundlessly, the alien transformed into a bright humanoid shape and immediately split, so now there were two of her floating there. Each of them drifted near one of the other heroes so that one was with Barricade, and the other was with Deluge.

"Thanks brah," Deluge drawled in his surfer way. "Think we should split up dude?" He asked Barricade.

Barricade tried not to roll his eyes. This guy... how did he get stuck with him anyway? He was about to answer when he felt some movement nearby. "No," he said quietly. "We're not alone." Barricade was now picking up even more movement all around them, coming towards them. "Facet, give us more light!" The alien grew brighter and a large part of the warehouse became bathed in light. This gave the three heroes a horrific view of a mass of unkempt, expressionless people shambling and shuffling towards them from all around. The closest ones, the ones that Barricade initially felt, were only 30 feet away.

"This is NOT radical, dude," Deluge announced. He put his back to Barricade's and stared out over the people approaching from the other side of them. Barricade could feel the moisture start to form in the air - Deluge's powers at work.

The two Facet's floated forward. In a beautiful, unearthly voice they spoke in unison to the crowd coming toward them. "HUMANS. KINDLY RETURN TO YOUR HOMES. THERE IS NO CAUSE FOR ALARM." They showed no signs of having heard her and just kept coming forward. The first ones that reached her tried to grab and strike at her. Up close she could see there was more wrong with them than just being disheveled. "BARRICADE. DELUGE. THESE HUMANS ARE ABNORMAL AND HOSTILE. WE SHOULD ENGAGE."

Deluge and Barricade each came to the same conclusion at the same time. The shuffling gait. The dead stare. "Zombies," they said together.

"Let's go!" Barricade shouted, and the three sprang into action.

Facet barely moved from her spots and began pumping hard photons into the Zombies. Barricade stepped away so that Deluge wasn't right behind him and put up a dome of force around himself that extended out to the closest Zombies. Just a split-second later Deluge caused a torrential rain to start coming down inside the warehouse. The rain itself did little to slow the Zombies down but it caused water to quickly begin to pool everywhere. Zombies began to notice the dome of force in their way and started pounding on it. Barricade concentrated to ensure it would stay solid and resilient against the onslaught, but created a small opening that would permit a couple Zombies to pass through. Despite their pounding it seemed as if he put enough force into it to withstand their attacks. "For now, anyway..." Barricade thought to himself.

Facet blasted away at the zombies heedless of the rain and the physical attacks passing harmlessly through her light forms. Barricade finished with his force dome and took a moment to recover from the effort. The water puddling on the ground began to flow towards Deluge. It collected under his feet and lifted him up on a wave of water. "Surfs up!" He yelled and rode the wave right over the Zombies. It didn't seem to affect them much, but a couple were knocked down while the rest just calmly turned around and followed him. The Zombies at the force dome noticed the opening and began to file through it, one after the other.

"Just what I was waiting for," Barricade smirked, and launched a massive six-foot wide force shockwave at the oncoming Zombies, getting them all in that narrow opening. It rippled through them and even knocked some back. The rest seemed hurt, but not as badly as he expected. Barricade backed away, needing to catch his breath after launching such an attack.

"THESE HUMANS ARE QUITE RESILIENT," Facet commented as she swooped in through the same opening and blasted a Zombie going towards Barricade. "YOU SHOULD NOT STAY HERE," she told him matter-of-factually.

"Just give me a second," he told her as he still recovered from his recent effort.

Meanwhile, Deluge was wave riding around the area, collecting water. "Yo zombie dudes! Ride the waves!" A ten-foot tall wave rose up from the collected pool of water and washed over a group of the Zombies, washing away almost three-quarters of the Zombies it crashed against. "Cowabunga!" Deluge screamed.

Barricade flew up to the top of his dome and made it disappear, being careful to recover as much of it as he could. He suspected he was going to need all of it his body could produce. Instantly he was drenched by the steady downpour. He tried to look around but the water hampered his vision. "Hey Deluge," he shouted over the cacophony of raindrops falling everywhere. "Got enough water yet?"

"I can cut it back a notch dude, no sweat!" Deluge shouted back. In an instant the rain lessened and Barricade could see the battlefield before them.

There were easily over one-hundred of these things surrounding them in the warehouse. Silently he cursed himself for leading his team into such an obvious trap. Facet was a beacon in the darkness of the warehouse - in fact, she had split herself again and now there were three of her. He wondered how many times she could do that? He didn't think she had ever tested her limit in that regard. She was absolutely owning these Zombies, though. They kept trying to reach out and grab or touch her but their hands passed right through her harmlessly.

Instead of each copy of Facet blasting one Zombie at a time, her three forms were turning in unison and each blasting the same Zombie with a triple-burst attack. It was pretty amazing to watch in action from above. One by one, the Zombies she did this too were falling. Deluge, meanwhile, was comfortably above the reach of the Zombie attacks on his wave that he rode around the area. He was manipulating the water he collected into large waves that kept washing over over the Zombies, keeping them off balance and away from him.

A few Zombies had broken away from the group that Deluge was keeping off-balance and were starting to climb up on boxes and shelves. It looked like they might be trying to get high enough to be able to launch at Deluge. The airhead surfer of course hadn't noticed yet. "They're smarter than I thought they'd be," he said to no-one but himself. "Well, time to do something to help." He flew over and starting pelting the climbing Zombies with force blasts. He intended to get their attention but if that failed, he was prepared to put up a barrier between any Zombie trying to lunge at his teammate.

END the first two melee rounds.

EDIT: Edited to touch up some of the events and make it flow a little better.
Last edited by Glistam on Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Glistam »

And sure, "dead" Zombies will rise again after 48 hours (and none of the heroes in my scenario know this), but the heroes should have dealt with the main threat by then so I didn't consider that a relevant factor.

say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

This is a fun scenerio to play out. If you want to make it harder give the zombies machetes and clubs. Maybe rifles for some others.
Slight001
Hero

Unread post by Slight001 »

Full body armor with 2 in 5 armed with rifles the rest with machetes and all fitted with bombs in their guts.
"If your plan relies upon chance to succeed, then you've already failed."
"Sometimes to achieve the greatest good, one must commit great evil."
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Glistam »

I don't buy into the need for those upgrades. A team that can handle 150 Zombies can probably also handle 150 Zombies in armor with weapons. Now, 150 Zombies with some greater, more intelligent menaces among them and controlling them so the Zombies can react to the player's tactics? That's a lot more scary. Especially if the controllers are subtle and blend in with the Zombies so they're indistinguishable. Or perhaps hidden behind a magical circle of concealment?

eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

"More Dakka" is not always a solution. Sometimes the solution to make things harder is to do more than just pile on more foes with bigger guns. How about a mystery?
-How about solve the riddle of what group had 150 zombies? That's either one necromancer that has been prepping (and doesn't mind LOSING) twelve+ years of work, or a lot more necromancers. Either way 150 zombies is a major investment in time and energy. So any mage that would just sit around while you destroy it.....what are THEY getting out of it?
-How about having the team have to identify the victims? You could do this both to provide closure to the families of the dead and to see if there is a pattern to the cases. 150 zombies, means some where, 150 dead bodies that are not where they are supposed to be.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Glistam »

What if some of the Zombies had the "Friend in the Head" spell from Nightbane: Through the Glass Darkly page 60 cast on them? Since the Zombie has no M.E., the spell should basically supplant the Zombie's intelligence giving the new creation a true intelligence, personality, etcetera. NOW, these Zombies should at least be average intelligence - and in generally smarter than an I.Q. of 7. They can react better to the player tactics and execute more complex strategy. If the other Zombies are instructed to follow the orders of the more intelligent Zombies, then this can change the battle dramatically.

say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Create Zombie+ Mystically Bestowed Abilities.

Shapechanger.
Superhuman strength.
Flight:Wingless.
Hand to hand Expert.

Increased sdc, strength, attacks, and can look like yoyr friends O.o I posted these a while ago.
Yup MuthaTruckin Super Zombies man!!
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Couldn't 1 guy with APS metal basically taken on unlimited zombies? Natural armor rating is a pretty ridiculous stopper for low-class minions with negligible strike bonuses.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Stalemate. They can't hurt each other.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Why can't APS metal hurt zombies? Surely he inflicts a minimum of 5 dmg per punch with his enhanced PS.

Plus with his PS he could probably tear off a pseudo-club made of something and avoid the penalty.

Heck his metal hands basically are sledghammers.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

Tor wrote:Couldn't 1 guy with APS metal basically taken on unlimited zombies? Natural armor rating is a pretty ridiculous stopper for low-class minions with negligible strike bonuses.

Zombies have supernatural P.S., so they inflict half damage on strike rolls of 5-17. Still, that's only 1D6+2 damage per attack, versus 800 S.D.C., and it's not particularly difficult to parry a zombie's strikes. Also, the APS character regenerates much more rapidly than the zombies.

Advantage metal-man.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

Hmm, APS:plasma and Gravity Waves. Just pull 'em right in.....
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

See I was thinking just use Gravity Manipulation, weigh them down so they can't possibly move then EE Fire or Plasma to burn them to a crisp while they lay there unable to get close enough to the character.

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

ItsmeYo wrote:Spell says ps20 no where is supernatural strength mentioned.

HUGMG, p. 194.

Regularguy
Adventurer

Unread post by Regularguy »

APS: Liquid, and -- hang on, was that it?
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

Tinker Dragoon wrote:
ItsmeYo wrote:Spell says ps20 no where is supernatural strength mentioned.

HUGMG, p. 194.

For some reason I thought this was Dead Reign, forgot the spell (actually ritual) mentioned in OP.

Does the damage zombies are assigned actually correspond to what their PS should inflict if it were supernatural though?

Doesn't seem to do that in Rifts, perhaps a difference between HU's spell?

Meaning HU-made zombies brought to Rifts could inflict MD with punches?
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Tor wrote:Does the damage zombies are assigned actually correspond to what their PS should inflict if it were supernatural though?

Yep, 2D6+5, which is appropriate for a full strength punch with supernatural P.S. 20.

Doesn't seem to do that in Rifts, perhaps a difference between HU's spell?

That's not the only difference. HU zombies seem to be a cross between PF zombies, and the Voodoo Xombies from Dark Conversions.

Meaning HU-made zombies brought to Rifts could inflict MD with punches?

Seems so.

Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

But.... only Nxla may have Xombies!

AD 2101: war was beginning
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Glistam »

I was sitting here, musing to myself over the game I'm running tonight. We only have three players and I was thinking to myself what I could do with them? Then the memory of this thread popped into my head and it gave me a good laugh.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”