Bionic characters

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Bionic characters

Unread post by say652 »

If punched by a normal human with an attack roll over ar does the borg take damage??
NMI
OLD ONE

Re: Bionic characters

Unread post by NMI »

I would say yes. Though I would apply my house ruled "damage soak/absorption" rule.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Lukterran
Adventurer

Re: Bionic characters

Unread post by Lukterran »

Yes, the borg takes damage from the strike according to the rules. You could either say it hit or damaged a borg system like smashing glass lens on the optic eye. Or you could say it is impact damage to the internal organs (if the borg has them) and components more so than the metal actually being destroyed. Exceeding the A.R. meant that the strike either landed in a soft or weak spot or hit a good angle in order to inflict damage.

To explain the angle thing think of it like this. You can wear a motor cycle helmet and it would protect you head from most physical blows. However, if I gave you a good solid full strength upper cut palm strike to the chin of your helmet, you head is going to get jarred around, your neck strained and your head popped back and you will feel it and not like it very much.

You could also just make a House Rule. (Not sure about what NMI's rule is?) However, a very simple one for type of situation is to just have the first damage be absorbed and negated by the strength of the armor/metal equal to the A.R of the armor. So if someone punched your borg that had an A.R of for example 16; the first 16 points of damage would be negated and only any damage that excited that absorption total would be of critical enough force to get through. So a 1D6 punch (without bonuses) would inflict no damage, but a 4D6 jump kick, with PS damage bonus of +5, might roll 20 damage and would do 4 points of damage to the borg's armor.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”