Simple Questions:

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ZeroArmour
Dungeon Crawler

Simple Questions:

Unread post by ZeroArmour »

These are simple questions because I'm sure everyone's asked them before, in fact I'm pretty sure I've asked them before, but I've forgotten the answers.

1) Mega-Hero Supernatural Strength: Do they just have supernatural strength, or do they get the actual Major Power with all it's bonuses?

2) Invulnerability + Vulnerability Achilles' Heel: The vulnerability trumps the Major Power, right?

These have been the source of some "passionate" debate recently.

Random Thought: Characters in comic books are much stronger that HU characters (duh), for those wanting a more comic book/cinematic feel use the following modifications to lift/carry/throw weights.
Supernatural Strength: X4
Superhuman Strength: X3
Extraordinary Strength x2
"That's the second biggest dragon I've ever seen"
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Re: Simple Questions:

Unread post by say652 »

Snps40 max lift ten tons. Add in gravity manipulation and it becomes 100 TONS. your strength assumption is incorrect.
Yes invulnerable mega hero is hurt by their erakness. Fire, allergy etc.
Mega hero snps. Carry ps ×300 lift ps×500. No adding thirty plus two d six unless the major power is chosen.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

1) Mega Heros does not get the SNPS major power. The PS score is rolled normal and that renamed to be SNPS. Thus if the PS roll was 4 then the char would have a SNPS of 4.

2)Yes.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
ZeroArmour
Dungeon Crawler

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:1) Mega Heros does not get the SNPS major power. The PS score is rolled normal and that renamed to be SNPS. Thus if the PS roll was 4 then the char would have a SNPS of 4.

2)Yes.

Thanks for confirming those.
ZeroArmour
Dungeon Crawler

say652 wrote:Snps40 max lift ten tons. Add in gravity manipulation and it becomes 100 TONS. your strength assumption is incorrect.

What assumptiom?

And why mention Gravity Manipulation?
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Power combo. Increase lift by ten.
ZeroArmour
Dungeon Crawler

say652 wrote:Power combo. Increase lift by ten.

I get what it does, I just don't see how it's relivent.
It's a pretty big deal to take two Majors just to get a cinematic lift ability.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Not really. If you want that big lift work for it I say(652). Example
Umm experiment. Increased mass side effect.
Major power. Gravity manipulation
Minor powers. Extraordinary strength(to add skill bonuses to ps) heightened sense of hearing (+6 initiative! !) And underwater abilities (just cool power I think).
Highschool education. Physical program and criminal program.
ExPs-50 for a final max lift of 50 tons!
Still not strong enough make him a megahero so that 50 becomes a 70tremendous supernatural strength for a massive lift of 350000 or 175 tons.
I didnt use 2 major powers just one. You were saying?
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

say652 wrote:Not really. If you want that big lift work for it I say(652). Example
Umm experiment. Increased mass side effect.
Major power. Gravity manipulation
Minor powers. Extraordinary strength(to add skill bonuses to ps) heightened sense of hearing (+6 initiative! !) And underwater abilities (just cool power I think).
Highschool education. Physical program and criminal program.
ExPs-50 for a final max lift of 50 tons!
Still not strong enough make him a megahero so that 50 becomes a 70tremendous supernatural strength for a massive lift of 350000 or 175 tons.
I didnt use 2 major powers just one. You were saying?

Hey if you swap heightened sense of hearing for wingless flight and tiny green undies pointed ears and awesome eyebrows. I could get this thread locked. Lol. Roman spelled backwards Yo. And my numbers are pretty close to "marbles"
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

And any of this is relevant to the idea of 'if you want people stronger across the board increase their lift totals' how?
I would say that taking a Major Power is....Major. Gravity power is way more than just 'lift more stuff' its got all sorts of stuff that is totally unrelated to strength, thus using it as the basis for increasing lifting is pretty pointless. As is using the 'not enough, then just make them a Mega Hero' Though I guess you could just make everyone Mega-Mutants and have the increased lifting.....it would seem to defeat the point though.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

My way doesnt change Da Rules of the game.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

say652 wrote:My way doesnt change Da Rules of the game.

I would think though that the point of proposing a House Rule would be to, oh I don't know....Change The Rules?
my personal house rule for pure Hero games is that PS only affects damage. Lifting capacity is pretty much a plot power and is as high as the player and the GM agree works. This lets us have strong fighters who still only bench press a few hundred pounds but do lots of H2H damage, AND it lets us have raging strength monsters that can bench press tanks. (Heck it lets super strong people pick up tanks in the first place)
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

And I allow blackvault powers. Point being?
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Deleted

Warning: User warned - NMI
Last edited by say652 on Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZeroArmour
Dungeon Crawler

Guys, don't fight, it's not worth getting huffy over.

Keep in mind I'm not proposing extra damage, just cinematic lift/carry/throw.

For those that wanna create a hulking brute type hero/villain. I mean, who doesn't wanna throw a tank?!
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Different strokes for different folks people - behave and move on!
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
eliakon
Palladin

Unread post by eliakon »

ZeroArmour wrote:Guys, don't fight, it's not worth getting huffy over.

Keep in mind I'm not proposing extra damage, just cinematic lift/carry/throw.

For those that wanna create a hulking brute type hero/villain. I mean, who doesn't wanna throw a tank?!

which is one reason I suggested decoupling the two.
PS is for Damage, and is calculated normally.

Max Lift/Throw under my system is "what the GM and Player can agree upon based on the character concept"
so the martial artist who punches through brick walls (exPS 47) can only dead lift 1000lbs.
but the 'zilla' fighter (50' tall, SNPS 250) uses tanks and trains as throwing weapons (dead lift 1000 TONS)

neither follows the books rule for PS. But they DO follow the Rule of Cool.

say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

The reason I suggest gravity manipulation is most brick fights turn into a nose to nose slugfest.
wyrmraker
Hero

Unread post by wyrmraker »

Here's a question. In any of the books, is it clearly stated unaugmented human maximum stats? No powers, no experiments, just pure human maximum stats?
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

The Mega-Brawl rules are found in front part of the GMG.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
ZeroArmour
Dungeon Crawler

wyrmraker wrote:Here's a question. In any of the books, is it clearly stated unaugmented human maximum stats? No powers, no experiments, just pure human maximum stats?

I can't be sure where it is, but I think it's 30.

You might try the Rifts Conversion Book One, but Rifts & Heroes core books should have it.
Razorwing
Hero

Unread post by Razorwing »

For a normal, unaugmented human, the maximum PS is 40, PP 50, IQ, ME, and MA is 30. PE and Speed aren't given hard limits, but most unaugmented humans won't go above 30 (Pg 15 & 16, Bonuses above 30, HU core).

This is usually a combination of lucky initial roll (gifted with a high level of strength) and training in physical skills.

Unless one has one of the Strength enhancing powers (any power that gives a bonus to PS, especially if it boosts the PS to a higher tier) or robotic/cybernetic or similar enhancements, this is the limit. The same is true with the other stats.
There are three types of people in the world; those who can count and those who can't.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

Razorwing wrote:For a normal, unaugmented human, the maximum PS is 40, PP 50, IQ, ME, and MA is 30. PE and Speed aren't given hard limits, but most unaugmented humans won't go above 30 (Pg 15 & 16, Bonuses above 30, HU core).

This is usually a combination of lucky initial roll (gifted with a high level of strength) and training in physical skills.

Unless one has one of the Strength enhancing powers (any power that gives a bonus to PS, especially if it boosts the PS to a higher tier) or robotic/cybernetic or similar enhancements, this is the limit. The same is true with the other stats.

What's the source for this (book and page number(s))?
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Ranger
Adventurer
Comment: Tucker Did It!

Unread post by Ranger »

How does one get a PP above 30 WITHOUT being augmented in some way?
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

Ranger wrote:How does one get a PP above 30 WITHOUT being augmented in some way?

Bonus dice and physical skills that increase PP have a chance of giving you a PP above 30, same with PE and Speed. It's just not very likely unless you've got some exceptional luck on those dice to get you into the ballpark.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
Razorwing
Hero

Glistam wrote:
Razorwing wrote:For a normal, unaugmented human, the maximum PS is 40, PP 50, IQ, ME, and MA is 30. PE and Speed aren't given hard limits, but most unaugmented humans won't go above 30 (Pg 15 & 16, Bonuses above 30, HU core).

What's the source for this (book and page number(s))?
There are three types of people in the world; those who can count and those who can't.
Razorwing
Hero

This isn't just for normal humans, but also for unaugmented humanoids that may have higher than average stats (due to different enviroments), such as non-superpowered aliens, and even some mutants (who's powers don't increase their stats to superhuman levels).

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”